The Eurorack/Modular Thread.

Anyone else doing the modular synth thing?
I've gone for Eurorack, rather than 5U or any of the other standards, mainly for support and price.

Here is my current modular iteration:

It started as a Minimoog clone, then I added Maths, Clouds and then the rest of the Mutable Instruments bits.
Then the Doepfer sequencer and the VCA's.
My favourite module though is MI Branches because the Bernoulli Gate kinda acts like an Aussie game called 'Two Up' where two coins are tossed for a random result- it throws carefully constructed patches into chaos.

I'm going to keep exploring it- I definitely need more LFO's, VCO's and Filters. :)

I am the juice of four limes.
Trading Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 104
    I love Eurorack but unfortunately due to having young kids I decided I couldn’t justify a whole bedroom for my gear. I’ve got rid of most of it now and just a handful of things to sell. 

MI Clouds and Elements were my favourite two modules. Loved the Doepfer Spring Reverb and Was filter also. 
    May start again if and when I get a loft extension. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 125
    Sadly I can't devote any cash to a hardware modular atm, but I am well into VCV Rack, Reaktor Blocks and the Moog Model 15 app on IOS. A few months ago I got an Arturia Minibrute 2S so I do have a bit of CV patching going on and I have a definite temptation to get one of those add on Eurorack cases for it.

Or maybe I'll start saving for a Moog One...

;-)
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 128
    I have my ancient DIY modular built from the Digisound modules back in the 80s.. and a pile of PCBs in various stages of completion that are meant to go into a Eurorack extension. One day!