Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Thomann selling DOD Rubberneck off cheap

What's Hot
tbmtbm Frets: 579
edited October 2018 in FX
These were over £200 a year ago, but Thomann seem to be selling them for a little over half that now. Good price for a very nice delay.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    edited October 2018
    Ordered mine a few days ago - for that price it's too good to ignore (he says with two other delay pedals currently on his pedalboard). 

It's such a shame that Harmann got rid of the whole DOD/Digitech team, they've produced some brilliant pedals since the relaunch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Bargain for a tap tempo analog delay
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355

They also have Bogner Ecstacy Blues for £118.87 - https://www.thomann.de/gb/bogner_ecstasy_blue.htm?ref=prod_rel_313992_0

And Uberschall B-stock at £78.36 - https://www.thomann.de/gb/bogner_ueberschall_b_stock.htm

Good bargains for someone.

• How very tempting, this could replace my obscura, which is great but the tap tempo function is tricky to access. I also have an fs3x foot pedal that can be used with it. I was planning to hold out for a flint.....
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    Great pedal, not a million miles away from a Moog MF-104 soundwise imo...total bargain at that price. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Wonder if it's being dicontinued after the dod / digitech shake up?
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579
    edited October 2018
    Could well be. Thomann could also just be selling off stock. I remember they did that with SIB pedals a few years back. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited October 2018

Ordered. That brings my Digitech/Dod collection up to seven pedals. Bought a ventura vibe from Thomann for £60 a while back, bargain. Thanks for the tip off @tbm

• Man... really want one of these. However its definitely a "want" and not a need so going to try my best to keep my powder dry...
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    Anyone tried one? What is the tone of these like compared to other analog delays? 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Anyone tried one? What is the tone of these like compared to other analog delays? 
    Very good! In fact, as said above I’d compare it favourably with the Moog.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I don't need one

I don't need one

I don't need one

I don't need one

Damn it...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited October 2018
    That was my shortest cave in time yet
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • damm73 said:
    Great pedal, not a million miles away from a Moog MF-104 soundwise imo...total bargain at that price. 
    this

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    You could put together a fantastic board with just the post-relaunch Digitech/DOD stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    It sounds good, but I find it really hard to dial the modulation in just right. 
  • I’m very tempted by one of these but looking at the manual, it says that the current draw is 150mA, which is really high for an analog delay.  How are you guys powering yours?  
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    I’m very tempted by one of these but looking at the manual, it says that the current draw is 150mA, which is really high for an analog delay.  How are you guys powering yours?  
    It's a digital brain powering an analog circuit, hence the increased requirement. 

I'm tempted, planning an El Cap, but this looks good.  Would power it from my DC5, it has 2x300ma outputs.
  • I’m very tempted by one of these but looking at the manual, it says that the current draw is 150mA, which is really high for an analog delay.  How are you guys powering yours?  
    my moogerfooger needs 400ma.
    150ma is a drop in the ocean. 

It's a really, really flexible delay pedal with a good core sound. 
    The modulation section does go a bit bat shit mental when you take it near/past 9 o'clock. 

the gain and tone knobs are a great introduction. I forget the guys full name, Tom something... he was really in touch with making pedals work well for guitarists and it shows with the rubberneck. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Tempted. What are Thomann like to deal with?