Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Thomann selling DOD Rubberneck off cheap

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6092
    Tempted. What are Thomann like to deal with?
    Pretty good. If you don't like it they sort out returns and refund promptly. I may have just been unlucky but I've had a couple of duds from them (Ampeg CL - faulty returned for repair + Fretless bass v. poor) so I now avoid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a few 100ma's and two 500ma outputs on my cheapo power supply - is it ok to use 500ma for a 150ma pedal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a few 100ma's and two 500ma outputs on my cheapo power supply - is it ok to use 500ma for a 150ma pedal?
    -as long as the voltage and polarity are correct then its fine. A pedal will only draw as much current as it needs, so having more on tap is fine. 
    -as long as the voltage and polarity are correct then its fine. A pedal will only draw as much current as it needs, so having more on tap is fine. 

Thanks that's good to know; I've been reluctant to use the 500ma with pedals that don't need that much juice in case it fries.

My rubberneck has left the Thomann building and is on its way.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Holy shit £110-odd is a bargain.

At that price I want it but don't need it. Want it but don't need it. Want it but don't need it. Hnnnggg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Did anyone add extra to take it to free delivery?
  • Dopesick said:

At that price I want it but don't need it. Want it but don't need it. Want it but don't need it. Hnnnggg
    Yeah this.

It actually kept me awake the other night until 2am.  I kept adding things to the order to take it up over 150€ to get the free shipping.  Fs3x additional footswitchl,? HB american sound pedal? a new K&M mic stand?

I'm such a bellend sometimes,.I totally wound myself up over it and I don't need any of it really.

Should have just gone for an acoustic strum instead.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dopesick said:

Yeah this.

It actually kept me awake the other night until 2am.  I kept adding things to the order to take it up over 150€ to get the free shipping.  Fs3x additional footswitchl,? HB american sound pedal? a new K&M mic stand?

I'm such a bellend sometimes,.I totally wound myself up over it and I don't need any of it really.

I like this guy ^^
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 582
    Dopesick said:

Yeah this.

I like this guy ^^
    Because he is all of us. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 582
    Arrived. Had a few hours with it last night and I'm very pleased. Mad money for what it is. A/B'd it with my pals vintage Memory Man and its not far off.

Winner. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • Just had a quick go, sounds awesome, from subtle to crazy.....was really getting my creative juices flowing.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Mine arrived Friday, but I haven't had the chance to play it until today - I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this.

Having four controls for the character of the repeats means you can get it to sit in the mix really nicely. I've mostly had it set on the verge of oscillation, and had varying successes in trying to control it. It's the first analog delay I've had, so I'm expecting to have to learn how to manage that, but for 114 quid, this really is a great pedal, considering that it's only a bit more than something like a used Carbon Copy.
  • It sounds so natural, organic. Very easy to sound like an earthquaker devices or a knobs demo. I love the way it dirties the repeats. The modulation can get nicely watery chorusy. Played some dub and it sounded epic. I love this pedal. 
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Can the RN do bright, percussive, digital-style repeats?  I know analogue isn’t really the way to go for this but the Rubberneck is such a bargain at this price, if I wasn’t already completely happy with my Waza DM2 for analogue warmth I’d have ordered already.