Recommended Luthiers & Techs

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 2067
    +1 for @FelineGuitars refret on my favorite Les Paul  The work is perfect and Jonathan was great to deal with
    Do me a favour and like this:

https://www.facebook.com/MarkedCoversBand
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 856
    +1 for Jamie Davey near Wolverhampton. Just picked up my Gibson L-5 Signature from him - it was rattling like a couple of skeletons in heat, but is now beautiful again. Plus, he's a great bloke, which always helps. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 724
    horsehead said:
    Can anyone recommend a good person to use for a refret of a strat near York & Leeds please?
    Did you find anyone for a refret in the North Yorkshire sort of area?
  • prlgmnr said:
    horsehead said:
    Can anyone recommend a good person to use for a refret of a strat near York & Leeds please?
    I take mine to Nigel Stockbridge in Richmond. It's about 40 mins from mine but worth the trip. He does a great job. 
  • Any ideas for a refret in Paris?
  • I’m looking to put a Bigsby on my Gibson SG HP 2017 to fix neck dive. Any recommendations for someone who can do this without damaging the guitar in or near Cambridge UK?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 1100
    prlgmnr said:
    horsehead said:
    I take mine to Nigel Stockbridge in Richmond. It's about 40 mins from mine but worth the trip. He does a great job. 
    My best mate uses Nigel, he is very good. 

Another +1 for Leicestershire Guitar Luthier, Danny did some work for me on a less than sterling Lag I bought from here. Amazing job, plays like a dream now and they turned it around really quickly too.

.....and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....      nothing.......

• I have used Nigel Stockbridge in Richmond and John Wesley in Barnard Castle, both did great work for me. John recently did my Epiphone G400 Pro and it stays in tune like nothing else I know.

https://wesleyguitars.co.uk/ ;
  • GTCGTC Frets: 1
    Dino at The Guitar Klinic near Shepton Mallet, Somerset. I have used him for around eleven guitars and he's done a great job on all (electric, steel strung acoustic and classical). email: contact@theguitarklinic.co.uk , tel: 07957 802263
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 120
    prlgmnr said:
    horsehead said:
    No never found anyone and was considering using Jonathan at Feline. Though I had considered using a guy by the name of Melvyn Hiscock who i have had recommended to me
  • horsehead said:

No never found anyone and was considering using Jonathan at Feline. Though I had considered using a guy by the name of Melvyn Hiscock who i have had recommended to me
    I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that most folks on here who build or repair guitars started out with Melvyn's book.
  • horsehead said:

I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that most folks on here who build or repair guitars started out with Melvyn's book.
    That is very true . I had a copy of the first edition when I was at London College of Furniture doing my guitar making course.

However often the apprentice can exceed the master if they get way more practice.

We get to do a LOT of refret work and it keeps us on top of our game. It was 3-4 a week during January, which was a good start to the year.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of Earvana nuts, BKP, Oil City And Monty's pickups. Sperzel, Tonepros, Gotoh and Graphtech too!
    Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 724
    I forgot to check back in here, I've been to Nigel in Richmond with a couple of jobs before, bit of a trek from here but a nice day out with the kids in summer.