Anyone use leccie guitar strings

What's Hot
on their electro acoustic guitar? Which ones work ok?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Any particular reason why you would want to? They usually sound rubbish. I occasionally get acoustics to set up which people have put electric strings on…

If it's to make it easier to play, a set of normal acoustic 10s on a properly set-up guitar is almost as easy to play as 9s, so there's no real advantage to going lighter.

If it's for a magnetic soundhole pickup, DR make 'Zebra' strings which are a mixed winding of bronze and steel, and they do actually sound quite good. Not that cheap though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    There's another reason- nickel wound strings are more softer and more elastic. Hence they don't pretension the 'belly' of an acoustic like bronze/brass based ones do. So the vibration transfer is much less.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9613
    edited February 2016

Gassage said: There's another reason- nickel wound strings are more softer and more elastic. Hence they don't pretension the 'belly' of an acoustic like bronze/brass based ones do. So the vibration transfer is much less.

This post is severely lacking in
    S C I E N C E.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The only reason being that I have packets of Roto sound yellows 10-46 coming out of my ears and want to use them up.The ones on my leccie guitar have been on for 2 years....suppose I could bung a new set on that.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    The only reason being that I have packets of Roto sound yellows 10-46 coming out of my ears and want to use them up.The ones on my leccie guitar have been on for 2 years....suppose I could bung a new set on that.

I wouldn't rush into anything. I've had the same strings on my PRS for about 6 or 7 years and it still sounds great.