Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Football thread

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I quite like football chat so I thought I'd start a thread that anything footie could go in. Just watching match of the day, what the hell were Liverpool thinking with this seasons away strip - fluorescent yellow, it's absolutely horrible. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    The yellow kit is to distract from the terrible defending.

Bit like Newcastle the other year.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Liverpool consistently inconsistent so far again this season then. Man Utd and City both looking pretty good. Leicester looking nothing like they did last season, Spurs taking time to really get going again, not convinced by Chelsea yet and a couple of unexpected results from Hull considering no one gave them a hope. It will obviously catch up to them as the season progresses though I think.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • I'm a West Brom fan, so I really need to start watching other teams' matches more as "football" hasn't really existed in these parts for about 4 years
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm a united fan, and confident this year. However city are the ones to beat! 

Enjoying watching matches more now than I have in a few years, not for results but the fact we play attacking football now woooo 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Nikko said:
    Liverpool consistently inconsistent so far again this season then. Man Utd and City both looking pretty good. Leicester looking nothing like they did last season, Spurs taking time to really get going again, not convinced by Chelsea yet and a couple of unexpected results from Hull considering no one gave them a hope. It will obviously catch up to them as the season progresses though I think.
    Hard to detect irony over the Internet. It's only the second game of the season 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Nikko said:
    Hard to detect irony over the Internet. It's only the second game of the season 
    Yes...and those are my thoughts after 2 games. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    As a Man U fan, finally after 3 miserable years I am feeling more confident. Van Gaal was a horrible Man U manager, poor old Moyes was hung out to dry. I didn't fancy Mourinho as manager, but once we knew that VG was truly terrible and Pep was off to City he seemed like the best option. Early days but looking good so far. Zlatan really making his mark already!
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    axisus said:
    As a Man U fan, finally after 3 miserable years I am feeling more confident. Van Gaal was a horrible Man U manager, poor old Moyes was hung out to dry. I didn't fancy Mourinho as manager, but once we knew that VG was truly terrible and Pep was off to City he seemed like the best option. Early days but looking good so far. Zlatan really making his mark already!
    Don't worry, I think Man U have the league bought.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    I'm a West Brom fan, so I really need to start watching other teams' matches more as "football" hasn't really existed in these parts for about 4 years

Not even free scarves and drinks can smooth over the Pulis snoozefest @thecolourbox - we've gotta sign someone soon? 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    axisus said:
    As a Man U fan, finally after 3 miserable years I am feeling more confident. Van Gaal was a horrible Man U manager,
    As a West Ham supporter I can safely say Van Gaal was the greatest Man U manager ever.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    Any Southampton fans here?  After selling Pelle, Mane and Wanyama and bringing in Redmond and Hojbjerg, replacing Koeman with Puel what do their fans consider their prospects to be? 

I'd really like to see Burnley surviving this season.  Aside from his immense voice, Sean Dyche is a manager I enjoy seeing in the EPL.  Seems to do a great job with fairly limited resources. 
    Any Southampton fans here?  After selling Pelle, Mane and Wanyama and bringing in Redmond and Hojbjerg, replacing Koeman with Puel what do their fans consider their prospects to be? 

I'd really like to see Burnley surviving this season.  Aside from his immense voice, Sean Dyche is a manager I enjoy seeing in the EPL.  Seems to do a great job with fairly limited resources. 
    Yep, Saints fan here.

Jury is still out on this season until the transfer dealine. Hojbjerg and Redmond look good squad players but we need someone a bit more special. Mane will be missed the most.
  • I'm a West Brom fan, so I really need to start watching other teams' matches more as "football" hasn't really existed in these parts for about 4 years

Not even free scarves and drinks can smooth over the Pulis snoozefest @thecolourbox - we've gotta sign someone soon? 
    It's not Pulis that is the problem, it was the FA nicking Dan Ashworth that messed up our scouting really. Pulis does brilliantly well with what he has, we finished above several teams with much better players than us last year, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. If he tried to play football with a team of non-footballers then we'd have been down with the Villa
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I think the bubble may burst for Southampton. You can't keep going back to square 1 with players and managers and make it work every time. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    I'm a West Brom fan, so I really need to start watching other teams' matches more as "football" hasn't really existed in these parts for about 4 years

It's not Pulis that is the problem, it was the FA nicking Dan Ashworth that messed up our scouting really. Pulis does brilliantly well with what he has, we finished above several teams with much better players than us last year, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. If he tried to play football with a team of non-footballers then we'd have been down with the Villa

I've said a few times on here that I'd give him a couple of summer windows to sort the squad out... and I stand by that. I just get a bit down about the toxic atmosphere at the games. 

"A city star won’t shine too far"

axisus said:
    I think the bubble may burst for Southampton. You can't keep going back to square 1 with players and managers and make it work every time. 
    True. I prefer this instability to the relegation dog fights of yore. But it can't carry on. 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    edited August 2016
    I'm a bitter, sad, beer-soaked Liverpool fan but, really, if Man Utd don't win the league this year having spent about half a billion in the last couple of years, then they should be immediately relegated instead.

And Liverpool are as inconsistent as usual. We'll do well to get 5th. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Thought to call Liverpool inconsistent-as a Liverpool fan-after two games, the defence has been constantly shit.

The attack misfired badly over the weekend and Klopp (who I love) really dropped a bollock on that one, Sturridge playing out wide? Learn from England's folly in the Euro's, yes he's bloody good but he needs to be in the middle of that formation. 

We looked like we did on our bad days last year, which is no surprise seeing how we've not strengthened LB or brought in any kind of DM, which has been an obvious need for 18 months.

Playing Milner at left back showed a lack of respect IMO and we paid for it, every Liverpool fan on the planet has been calling out for a new one all summer, we've not got one and it nearly cost us last week and can't have helped this-as bad as Moreno is defensively, we really didn't need either full back to defend on the weekend, would have been better playing Moreno.

Man Utd have Pogba, we have Henderson, that tells a story for me, he's an average player that works his bollocks off, not good enough for a Liverpool captain, Can needs to start more games.

Coutihno had 7 shots from distance, should have passed half of them-great on his day but can't be expected to get us out of trouble every week, but should be scoring 15 a season-he got what, 5 last year? And people were scared of Barcelona poaching him....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Chuffola said:
    I'm a bitter, sad, beer-soaked Liverpool fan but, really, if Man Utd don't win the league this year having spent about half a billion in the last couple of years, then they should be immediately relegated instead.

And Liverpool are as inconsistent as usual. We'll do well to get 5th. 

Unless it's city that best us, they've spent as much. The money race! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom