Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Football thread

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    quarky said:
    Hooray! I'd love all the big money to crash and burn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    scrumhalf said:
    Up front we're too small and ponderous. It took Townsend to run at them and try and create something.
    If only there was a big English centre forward currently captaining his team, creating and scoring goals.

Mental to take half a squad of small wingers/forwards and no big man.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    As a United fan I believe I'm allowed to comment again?

What a shite match though, piss poor from both clubs

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    joeyowen said:
    As a United fan I believe I'm allowed to comment again?

What a shite match though, piss poor from both clubs

Me too!

I only saw the second half and we looked alright for the first half of it. Once we got the goal though we did just get more and more boring. Shaw looked good in the 2nd half, but apparently he was awful in the first?

That being said, I'll take a Sh*tty 1-0 win over getting spanked 4-0 again.
    We have Mourinho now, 1-0 is par for the course. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I would rather win in the league, but always good to get a win over a rival. Burnley are my second club, but god I hope we get a good win on the weekend. I won't even pretend to know how to fix the side, but we need Shaw (even if he was poor defensively last night) for pace, and need to sort out Martial. Theoretically, Martial, Mata, Rashford, behind either Ibrahimovic or Rooney, with Carrick sitting behind should be good enough and fast enough for most of the teams we have to play, at least going forward. It just doesn't seem to work.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Was tempted to watch the United-City game but felt it was better to show my loyalty and watch West Ham-Chelsea. What I thought might be a dreadful game was actually thoroughly entertaining for the most part.

That said, all I can see being reported today is how all West Ham fans are scum because of the violence yesterday. Such a shame.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3083
    edited October 2016
    That new stadium isn't helping you Irons is it? The Hammers fans at work are horrified at the plastics and loons you've attracted. Mix that with the security issues.... 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    That new stadium isn't helping you Irons is it? The Hammers fans at work are horrified at the plastics and loons you've attracted. Mix that with the security issues.... 
    Apparently, the West Ham and Chelsea fans did agree to fight a mile away from the match. Unfortunately, that was still within the stadium. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    The naive part of me assumed that with the club having 3 years to plan this, they'd have done it correctly. As it stands, you've got a tiny family area and a relocation policy from Upton Park that's put the hardcore contingent in the same areas as them.

That combined with the security issues has made for a few disappointing months on and off the pitch. Results being better might have helped a bit, but the police were always going to need to develop a plan for the stadium. For their first big test, I thought they did really well, all things considered. No arrests outside of the stadium which I would have thought would be much worse for the away fans.

I personally don't have a problem with the "new" fans. The morons that insist on standing up and singing "where were you at Upton Park?" are just dumb considering that we consistently sold out the old ground, so we were always going to attract the fans that couldn't get season tickets at the old ground.

A year or so and half of these issues will go away or die down. Everything's still new at the OS and like a pair of new jeans, it'll take some getting used to at first but then it'll be fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Kill me now.  What the flying fuck is with this lineup?

Advertising for walking football?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well I stand corrected....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just don't get why our last 3 managers keep playing Fellaini. Hopeless most of the time. I haven't seen the match yet, but Mourinho seems light years from being able to set up a team so far. Still hoping for top 4 this year, but scraping in is the best we could hope for really.
  • They play Fellaini because the "club" won't/haven't bought any viable alternatives.

The managers since Fergie aren't running the club the same way he was.
  • Yet another match where Morgan Schneiderlin goes home, looks into the mirror with tears in his eyes and wonders what he did to deserve losing his place to someone with the touch of an elephant.
    #freeMicki
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    No comments about the game last night? Not a terrible game I thought. Neither team looked fantastic, and the 3-0 was totally undeserved. Scotland looked good at times, but didn't score. England looked good at times and somehow managed to score three. I think a 1-1 or 1-0 would have been a fairer result. Or maybe I am being harsh on England.

It just amazes me that England seem to almost drift through qualifications good results and then can't produce when the tournament starts. Either because things don't go their way, or they just can't impose themselves.
    I'm so underwhelmed by England these days, I forgot to put the tv on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I put the TV on to watch the England game, but I saw the same old players starting, the fact that it was on ITV and that they had Ian Wright among the pundits. Recipe for boredom and mediocrity.

Plus Clive Tyldesley does my head in; if the cameras pick up Rooney at any stage of the game, he's liable to scream "Rooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy" no matter whether he's on the ball or not.
  • How come Scotland were managed by a Donald Trump lookalike? 

Not as interesting a game as the score line might suggest, Scotland were particularly poor.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.