Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 5660
    ...and that's all she wrote if anyone wants a guess pre NAMM. 
    Jesus monkey butler. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 148
    edited January 11
    Cool, an eq and a ....? 

I'm a fan and was was a very good customer for Digitech last year, got a Polara, Obscura, Looking Glass, Gunslinger and a Trio +, they're all great. 

Not forgetting my first ever pedal purchase, the original and unusable DOD grunge fx69 back in the day   B 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 107
    Digitech have developed some cracking pedals of late, the Looking Glass and the Obscura are fantastic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    The thing I never realised until about fifteen minutes ago was that DOD pedals are all analogue and Digitech are all digital. Doh! 
    Jesus monkey butler. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • The thing I never realised until about fifteen minutes ago was that DOD pedals are all analogue and Digitech are all digital. Doh! 
    I love their marketing of that too. Keeping the two separate and surviving the DOD brand. I've always had a soft spot for DOD and am glad they're still about.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 1335
    I'm a fan of the DOD reissues too. They're are an improvement upon the original pedals Imo, quieter in operation, with all the modern appointments, while retaining all the sonic yumminess of their forebears.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 24551
    The thing I never realised until about fifteen minutes ago was that DOD pedals are all analogue and Digitech are all digital. Doh! 
    Except that there are a lot of Digitech pedals that are analogue. And several DODs that are digital…

I'm disappointed that all their new pedals seem to have my pet hate on pedals - metal click switches. Wont be buying any.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    ICBM said:
    Except that there are a lot of Digitech pedals that are analogue. And several DODs that are digital…

I'm disappointed that all their new pedals seem to have my pet hate on pedals - metal click switches. Wont be buying any.
    I just took that info, along with the photos, off the Digitech website. I think it hasn't been a consistent thing but that's how they are marketing them now. 
    Jesus monkey butler. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 1813
    ICBM said:

I have an Obscura, Polara and Ricochet and they're all soft switches, at least as I understand that classification :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 3893
    looking forward to my clutch of X series becoming collectable vintage soon then...!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 1813
    edited January 11
    I have to say that after using the soft switches I would be quite happy to see the end of clicky switches in pedals.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 24551
    At least that's not so bad... although I still don't like the metal buttons. There was nothing wrong with the Boss-like wide flat switches that they used to have (and still seem to on the Supernatural). I'll admit that the old DOD plastic 'plate' switch was a bit of an oddity, but it worked well.

I assume that them going to the new style is all about the fashion for boutique pedals which invariably use metal switches...
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 77
    I've had a Polara and a Ricochet over the last year and both are excellent. I haven't seen a Nautila on a single board though, are they not widely available yet or are they just not popular?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 2277
    My first pedal was a DOD FX56 American Metal. Not the greatest pedal ever but you have to start somewhere.

I have a Supernatural and it's a fantastic pedal.
  • VJIves said:
    I've had a Polara and a Ricochet over the last year and both are excellent. I haven't seen a Nautila on a single board though, are they not widely available yet or are they just not popular?
    Same with the Dirty Robot..........which does sound a bit mad.
  • DiscoStu said:
    My first pedal was a DOD FX56 American Metal. Not the greatest pedal ever but you have to start somewhere.

I recently tried one, in neon pink! Pretty good pedal, made me think more of sludgey music than tight metal but a good box of noise. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 9032
    VJIves said:
    That's because it's a chorus and as we all know chorus is a disgusting effect.
     :) 
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 3583
    Sassafras said:
    VJIves said:
    That's because it's a chorus and as we all know chorus is a disgusting effect, unless it's put infront of a high gain amp. 
     :) 
    FTFY. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 2277
    DiscoStu said:

I recently tried one, in neon pink! Pretty good pedal, made me think more of sludgey music than tight metal but a good box of noise. 
    This was the one I had, I believe the first version. I thought it would make me sound like Metallica given its name. It didn't.
    I seem to recall it being a bit of a pest and it would take a couple of presses in the right place to switch it on and off. 

http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/E/Emulator/20080126/20080126181313.jpg

• EQ and a Trem I reckon! And I'm in the market for a trem...
    Guitarist/Drummer; Studio person, Composer, etc etc
    Website // Feedback Thread // PayPal
    PM me for recording in the North West; remote tracking, collaboration or remote mixing and mastering.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 322
    Will be interesting to see what the Rubberneck is! Another fan of Digitech here, just got the Polara to replace my old X series Digiverb and it's a great sounding versatile verb.

Also got the Ventura Vibe last year which is another great pedal, very warm sounding for a digital vibe and offers good flexibilty plus a rotary sound. Definitely betters TC's Viscous Vibe for me (which is being shown the door), although I've just got a Mojohand Villanova vibe.... :s
    EQ and a Trem I reckon! And I'm in the market for a trem...
    First one is an eq or something eq based in some way. Second one looks more DOD so something analogue that has a rate, err, so a tremolo seems right too. 
    Jesus monkey butler. 
  • The Freqout is based on the Ricochet, according to TGP
    https://bobblepic.com/images/2017/01/12/IMG_1011.jpg

Next update from Digitech. Not sure that gives me many clues. 
    Jesus monkey butler. 
  • DiscoStu said:

I love the American metal, legend has it that It's the Slint spiderland distortion.
    Anyway the stripey one turned out to be the Rubberneck delay which has it's own Discussion going. 
    The Freqout one is this:

Feedback creator.

A third one , a cabinet simulator has been announced ( picture to follow) which leaves two more to go  =)
    Jesus monkey butler. 
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 152
    The feedback pedal looks a lot of fun but would not a Boss switch made more sense?
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 322
    JD50 said:
    The feedback pedal looks a lot of fun but would not a Boss switch made more sense?
    Boss switches never make sense as it means you're using a Boss pedal ;) . Most of the current Digitech true bypass style switches are the moderrn soft feel type (similar to TC Electronics type). Can't say I noticed any clicks or problems using the couple I've got.