Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Wow, thanks all!

I have to say though, the real hero is Sheena. Truly. She's the one who gives me strength. Don't know how I'll manage without her.. or if I'll want to. Lots of nice things said, thank you. Would write more if we had internet! Just out of cinema with her. The little pleasures! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24802
    Wow, thanks all!

I have to say though, the real hero is Sheena. Truly. She's the one who gives me strength. Don't know how I'll manage without her.. or if I'll want to. Lots of nice things said, thank you. Would write more if we had internet! Just out of cinema with her. The little pleasures! :)
    Little pleasures (fish and chips on my sister's garden) are important. Enjoy.

In terms of carrying on mate - there are people who will continue to love and need you....

Everyone on here cares about you - cold comfort perhaps - but hopefully some comfort..... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'll write more about the amount of things Sheena had done when we're connected.. we're a good team and she is a powerhouse. I guess a lot of this is from my perspective but I'll make sure it's known just what she's done for everybody and how great she is.

The range of emotions... It really is a rollercoaster and hard to describe. She's a bit dopey tonight, almost helpless in a way and that weighs on the heart. 

Oof check me, eh - no posts for a while then the floodgates open :lol: 

Better go, shopping to do! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Tommy.
    Now and always,.....you'll manage because you have friends who love you.

We don't know how but somehow we'll help you manage to carry on.

Always.
    Cheers, guys! And Richard, I do think about your fish and chips story a fair bit!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24802
    Cheers, guys! And Richard, I do think about your fish and chips story a fair bit!
    Good. Some things take on a bizarre significance at times like this. 'Fish and chips' is a kind of mental short-hand for 'togetherness' in our family.

Don't worry about us lot - we'll be here whenever you need - just try to live in the 'now' as much as you can manage....
    Was up at 4am this morning giving her a more concentrated morphine alternative, pain all across her back, despite increased medication.

Bit of a wake up call so I spoke to my boss this morning and I'm going on sick leave from about a weeks' time. 3 months full pay, 3 months half.. after that I'm into next year and can bring all holidays up front which can give me another 6-7 weeks if required. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    Was up at 4am this morning giving her a more concentrated morphine alternative, pain all across her back, despite increased medication.

Bit of a wake up call so I spoke to my boss this morning and I'm going on sick leave from about a weeks' time. 3 months full pay, 3 months half.. after that I'm into next year and can bring all holidays up front which can give me another 6-7 weeks if required. 
    Think you've made the right call mate...Constantly sending positive vibes to you both. Your strength is utterly remarkable...Absolute hero. 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    It sounds like you're making the right decision Thomas. Best wishes to all of you
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6489
    joneve said:

Think you've made the right call mate...Constantly sending positive vibes to you both. Your strength is utterly remarkable...Absolute hero. 
    ^ This, well said @joneve.
    I doff my cap to your employers too, @thomasross20, for their support. Sad to say, not all employers would be so thoughtful.

Hey thanks!

It's been 6 months already since February. I'm always conscious to be a good worker but it's time to stop worrying about what folk at work might think or any missed salary, especially when work are generally good to me. I'll be handing over the biggest project our work has ever done so hope I still get credit for what I've done, which I will, no doubt. 

Will give us some good quality time and I can focus on getting other stuff done around the house so it's even better for her!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Hi Tom,

yet again you've made me stop and think and get a reality check as I sit here fretitng about getting umpteen things done.

People matter, not work.

You're a heck of a tough fella mate, pretty awesome you know. Can't imagine how hard it must be, but you always seem so together.

There's always support in here, so lean all over it.

J
    :)
    Was just speaking to somebody who said their gran, once taken ill with breast cancer that spread to the bones, survived another 5 months but needed real care that entire time. If sheena pulls through to next year this time off will be for quality time and I'll have to stomach the loss of salary for those months, but I'll be working the rest of my life so hey ho.
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    Tommy, my thoughts are with you and Sheena. It would be wrong of me to comment much having thankfully not been in your position but you are an amazing guy and Sheena is a brave and incredible lady. My love to you both X 
    Sheena up two nights in a row at approx 4am with 9/10 pain in legs. Ran her a bath at 5am and gave her morphine but 2nd day (today) crying with pain and couldn't walk (very alarming)... So just in hospital and she's had another CT scan. Just waiting for results. 

Luckily got my phone on me, folk telling me about their day etc, good to stay connected with the rest of the world and hear some good stuff
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Sheena up two nights in a row at approx 4am with 9/10 pain in legs. Ran her a bath at 5am and gave her morphine but 2nd day (today) crying with pain and couldn't walk (very alarming)... So just in hospital and she's had another CT scan. Just waiting for results. 

Luckily got my phone on me, folk telling me about their day etc, good to stay connected with the rest of the world and hear some good stuff
    Sounds tough man. Hope they can help her out with the pain.

On the subject of phones, if you don't already have one buy one of those small battery packs and a spare cable. Seems trivial, but when you're in and out all the time and your phone is your only other link to support it comes in very handy.

I got one of these and a short 10cm cable, leave it in my coat pocket all the time. Came in useful a lot when we were in and out of hospital a lot for my g/fs mum last year, plus its light and small enough to be practical...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00X9VKZIO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_wTkFzbVJCSE34
    Good practical advice! I do have one somewhere. Luckily brought my charger! 
    Bought some garden mags yesterday to get ideas for the garden but probably best I forgot those or I'd be sleeping, too :lol: 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    I was at my new girlfriends house the other day, waiting for her to get home. Her sister was there who was sexy as hell and she said to me " we should go upstairs and screw before my sister gets home " I got up and opened the front door and my girlfriend was there.
    She said " that was just a test, and you passed, you are amazing! I love you!"

Anyways, the moral of the story is always keep your condoms in the car
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol I've heard that one but a good one!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    As Jesus walks into the restaurant for the last supper he says " table for 26 please"
    "26? But there is only 13 of you" says the waiter, " I know, but we're all going to sit on the same side"
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom