Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• Sorry to read that Tom. Wishing you both all the best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really sorry to hear your news.
    It's not a competition.
  • Make the most of the time you have got. It's not going to make the inevitable any easier but you get to make some wonderful memories ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72357
    :(

I can't really think of anything to say other than this puts all the small stuff we have to deal with into perspective and makes it seem trivial, really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    Mate, that is awful. No words really but wishing you all the best.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    My condolences Thomas. I suppose all our days are numbered, we just don't all get to know what the number is.   :/ I hope you can comfort each other and enjoy your time.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11299
    Sorry to hear that, wishing you all the best.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Try having a chat with your HR dept, you might be surprised, some of them are actually human 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    I only get 30 days a year, wish it was more. In charge of a mega stressful project now, too. 

Screw work. (Many of us love our jobs, but there are limits to that.)

So if you can afford it, get out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to read that best wishes to you both
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • She said yes to marry me! :) 
    Going to try and do things pronto as she's said her side has been hurting for ages, so defo don't want to leave anything too late.
    0reaction image LOL 30reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    So sorry to hear this. Best wishes to the both of you.
  • She said yes to marry me! :) 
    Going to try and do things pronto as she's said her side has been hurting for ages, so defo don't want to leave anything too late.

Congratulations! 

You've had a pretty decent time of career in your life - perhaps it's time to say, fuck work, let's live some life. 

I can very nearly guarantee you won't regret it. 
  • I'm going to let her decide what we do. She's always wanted to move house so I'd need to keep working in that case. Large part of me does think... Stuff work and go as long as I can without it to spend time with her.

I have to say the support here is amazing. 
    I don't really have a lot of good friends so this is really nice.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    I so sorry to hear your news. Last year herself had cervical cancer and was under the knife. The wait for results was crushing but we were lucky and got the all clear. I can only wish you great strength for the difficult times you face together. May you have blessings in many ways.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Sorry to hear about this Thomas, make the most of all the time, I'm not good with comforting words except if you want to talk, drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What terrible news, I hope she fights it all the way and you give her the best time she has left possible, my thoughts are truly with you. 
  • That's so awful, really feel for all concerned.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    For a bit of inspiration, I know a girl who is diagnosed with terminal cancer last year, her life since has took a turn for (at least what it appears on social media) to be wonderful time between her and her now husband.  Her story even made the national papers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3618061/At-13-years-old-told-lobster-Heartbreaking-words-bride-told-terminal-cancer-days-agreeing-marry-childhood-sweetheart.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/incurable-cancer-im-happier-ever-9242631

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/683095/medullary-thyroid-cancer-Royal-Marsden-Hospital-Emmy-Collett-tandemonium

They have also done lots of charity work including cycled to Copenhagen last year.  So be positive, and live life to the max with all the time that is given.
  • Some people can live more in a year than many do in a lifetime.

Our thoughts and hopes are with you...