Timeline and H9 Max: pre-post routing in amp FX loop

I'd like to set up the H9 so some effects can sit before and some after the Timeline, with both in the amp's effects loop. Can someone advise on how I connect all the cables to do this correctly? Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7473
    Pre/post works like this:

Guitar (or earlier part of normal fx chain) -> H9 input 1
    H9 output 1 -> amp input (or later part of fx chain that runs to amp input) 

Amp FX send -> H9 input 2
    H9 output 2 -> Amp fx return

Just add in the Timeline to the fx loop portion of that circuit. So it would go Amp FX send -> Timeline input -> Timeline output -> H9 input 2 -> H9 output 2 -> Amp FX return 

I only ever had just the H9 in the loop and never owned a Timeline but that's the logic 

Red ones are better. 
  • Basically, use what @Timmyo has posted above, but slightly modified if you want it all in the loop:

Amp fx send -> H9 input 1

H9 output 1 -> Timeline input

Timeline Output -> H9 input 2

Then the only thing to need to be sure of is that you set up each patch to be pre or post as this defines if it uses I/O 1 or I/O 2.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7473
    Ah right yes, what @hubobulous  has posted is what (re-reading your post) that you asked for - switches H9 before and after the Timeline, but both are always in the loop.

The way I posted moves the H9 pre loop/in loop with the Timeline staying in the loop
    Red ones are better. 
  • Perfect, gentlemen, thank you.
  • TimmyO said:

Just add in the Timeline to the fx loop portion of that circuit. So it would go Amp FX send -> Timeline input -> Timeline output -> H9 input 2 -> H9 output 2 -> Amp FX return 

I only ever had just the H9 in the loop and never owned a Timeline but that's the logic 

I don't own any of this gear, but I prefer the sound of the above routing, that way you can get all your drives and modulation in front of the amp, where they belong. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • TimmyO said:

I don't own any of this gear, but I prefer the sound of the above routing, that way you can get all your drives and modulation in front of the amp, where they belong. 

I was planning to have the Tumnus and The Elements (when the switches stop banging) in the front, and Timeline & H9 Max in the loop, and use the H9's mods pre- and the reverbs (or 2nd delay) post-Timeline within the loop.