Help needed pricing equipment

What's Hot
Ladymel159Ladymel159 Frets: 0
edited February 2017 in Guitar
Hello my uncle has passed away and left behind some guitars and equipment I'm wondering if u lovely people could help me roughly value these items x
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You can post pics/details here and I'm sure a few people will be able to help. And sorry for your loss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As mentioned photos will be the easiest way to get an idea of what you have. If you dont know how to upload them Id be happy to do it for you if you email them to me or follow this guide. You'll get a fair idea of value from here if the right people see this thread.

Sorry about your uncle.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/posting-pics-vids-soundclips-how-to

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Agree, photos are essential. And I'm really sorry for your loss.

Its worth bearing in mind that a shop is unlikely to offer you the value estimated here. So if you are looking to sell them, I would consider the classifieds section on here as you'll cut out the middle man, so to speak. 
  • I've lots of pics at the ready can I email them to u,I've not really got a clue my email is ladymel159@hotmail.co.uk
    And thanks everyone x
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Start off with a simple list of what you have - brand, model, approx age - anything you can..
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Once you know what these are worth, you can sell online yourself here or other places, or at least if you do go to a shop or a dealer you'll know how reasonable their offer is.  It won't be as much as if you sold privately, but might save you a lot of hassle.

If you can post a basic list with make / model - often stated on the guitar headstock, with maybe one or two good pics per item, the guys here will be able to get you good estimates of value.

Sorry about your loss.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've lots of pics at the ready can I email them to u,I've not really got a clue my email is ladymel159@hotmail.co.uk
    And thanks everyone x
    Just sent a message 

• Ladymel159Ladymel159 Frets: 0
    edited February 2017
    I have a les paul gibson epiphone 

And a fender stratocaster serial number mz6...
    So It's Mexican year 2006 I believe I will post pics x All with cases and stands
  • Epiphone Les Paul

• Mex Strat

• Pedals

• @Ladymel159 - I'm going to move this out into the main Guitars section (since there's nothing specifically for sale right now), because it should get more attention there.

When the time comes, if you want to sell, then please create a separate thread in the Classifieds section.

Sorry for your loss, and even more sorry that it's forced you to deal with the reprobates here...that said, we can be a helpful bunch sometimes...
    <space for hire>
  • Various

Thats all the photos uploaded that were sent.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Flink_Poyd ;

Nice one for helping her out 

Mel, i'm sorry for your loss.
    The Strat should go for around £280 -300 and the Les Paul maybe £180-200
    You may find that varies a little but that a rough guide.

The pedals I'm not so sure on, maybe someone else would know. I would guess the Ibanez would go first and is probably worth the most, then the TC Ditto but the others i don't know much about at all.

Hope that's at least a starting point, maybe even some help.
  • @Ladymel159 - I'm going to move this out into the main Guitars section (since there's nothing specifically for sale right now), because it should get more attention there.

When the time comes, if you want to sell, then please create a separate thread in the Classifieds section.

Sorry for your loss, and even more sorry that it's forced you to deal with the reprobates here...that said, we can be a helpful bunch sometimes...
    Thank you so much I will do that when I sell the items...I'm on a car forum I know how it can be but we can be a nice bunch also hahaha x
  • Sorry for your loss.
    Where are you based? 
    I really like that Epiphone, I've never seen one with a headstock like that before. 
  • Thank u to everyone for the help...my uncle was quite frankly ...a legend.. he's missed everyday I just wish he left behind something I knew about!it's been a bit of a mission to find people who know about the stuff and can give me a rough valuation! I'm a car person myself! X
  • Sorry for your loss.
    Where are you based? 
    I really like that Epiphone, I've never seen one with a headstock like that before. 
    Edinburgh 
    I have been told it's a really nice one x
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Alnico said:
    @Flink_Poyd ;

The pedals I'm not so sure on, maybe someone else would know. I would guess the Ibanez would go first and is probably worth the most, then the TC Ditto but the others i don't know much about at all.

Far be it for me to disagree with a respected fellow forumite.....  The Strat looks like a '50s Classic Player so ought to be up into the @£400/£450 mark and the Les Paul could be a Japanese one looking at the slightly unusual headstock. Not sure about those but worth more than the Korean/Chinese models.

Hope you don't mind me butting in.  Sorry @Alnico.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Richardj said:
    Alnico said:
    @Flink_Poyd ;

Far be it for me to disagree with a respected fellow forumite.....  The Strat looks like a '50s Classic Player so ought to be up into the @£400/£450 mark and the Les Paul could be a Japanese one looking at the slightly unusual headstock. Not sure about those but worth more than the Korean/Chinese models.

Hope you don't mind me butting in.  Sorry @Alnico.
    I don't, i hadn't noticed it was a CP strat - my mistake so yes you're right.
    I'm not too sure about the Epi, i thought it was a Korean std but then i also thought the headstock looked different - lack of experience with the Dark Side i think.
    I think you're right , if it's Japanese it's worth more but i don't know how much.
    I only wanted to give a starting point for discussion but you're certainly right about the 60 Classic Player Strat.