Brace Yourself... NAD

What's Hot

Comments

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2232
    edited May 2016
    Good point. So just... spill beer on the front? :) Must be far less hassle to maintain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9564
    @Wazmeister Mate... yes. Absolutely, yes, and the shop I passed only had the Blues Cube Hot... BUT... I completely get what you mean. For that price?

The fact that a small light solid state amp than sound that close to a Fender valve amp...at that price?!! Mind-blowing. It sounds so f***ing good.

The unhairy cleans are beautiful as well, and the added boost? Wow. More wow. I have a '65 DRRI, which I adore, and this wee box is rivalling THAT? Again, mind blowing. I was still looking for tubes hidden away, I didn't believe it.

I have to try the Artist and the Stage now. If you want a tube amp but you don't want to get beer spelled on your beloved £1k+ amp...get this.
    "My eyes have seen the glory..."

Good news mate ! They really are special aren't they ???

I haven't spoke about the 'boost' and 'tone' functions too much, but they are very impressive. There seems to be a wide variety of ways to get sounds, but in a way that aren't complex or difficult to understand.

Glad you loved it mate :)

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291

Good point. So just... spill beer on the front? :) Must be far less hassle to maintain.

Better yet, just drink the beer. Don't go spilling it everywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    *spilled (I can spell beer... but can't spell spilled and spell it spelled...eejit)
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2457
    Right, goal for tomorrow, get THR to sound as awesome as the King Snake! ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras;1092508" said:
    BintyTwanger77 said:

Better yet, just drink the beer. Don't go spilling it everywhere.
    I'm Scottish, so believe me I value my beer.
    edited May 2016
    Right, goal for tomorrow, get THR to sound as awesome as the King Snake! ;-)
    Do that my friend, and I'll wing over the credit card !

It should be possible on your 100HD mate
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    Great post! Congrats on the new amp.

Got any sound clips?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    @Wazmeister, I have reported you to Steve Carr. He is sending the boys round.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    @Wazmeister, I have reported you to Steve Carr. He is sending the boys round.
    Bring it on... I'll hit him with my new Squier, I mean er, expensive Fender...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Does anyone know how it performs at loud stage volumes? As in loud drummer, earplugs in type gigs? This is the primary consideration from my perspective.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Waz can you please confirm this is you, and your wife hasn't hacked in to your account on behalf of all other gearhead partners to try and make upcoming purchases cheaper!

If this carries on then in 6 months you could be giving one of these a go ;)

15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

nickb_boy said:
    Waz can you please confirm this is you, and your wife hasn't hacked in to your account on behalf of all other gearhead partners to try and make upcoming purchases cheaper!

If this carries on then in 6 months you could be giving one of these a go ;)

My dream rig :)
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    "My eyes have seen the glory, again..."

FTFY
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    Where did the Boogie come into all this?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Well I now have a BC Stage inbound so hopefully I'll soon be sharing the euphoria.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    simonk;1095943" said:
    Well I now have a BC Stage inbound so hopefully I'll soon be sharing the euphoria.
    @simonk
    Was that from Mansons? I would love to hear your thoughts also..I think I might go with the Stage but would like to know if the drop from 15w to 0.5 watt is massive or if the 5 watt setting of the hot model might suit better
    :)
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    tone1;1096028" said:
    [quote="simonk;1095943"]Well I now have a BC Stage inbound so hopefully I'll soon be sharing the euphoria.
    @simonk
    Was that from Mansons? I would love to hear your thoughts also..I think I might go with the Stage but would like to know if the drop from 15w to 0.5 watt is massive or if the 5 watt setting of the hot model might suit better
    :) [/quote]

You're welcome to swing by and give it a whirl when it lands mate ;)
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Well mine turned up today and it's frankly very, very, good. Not good for the price or good for solid state, just flat out excellent.
    I never thought of myself as a snob but it turns out I probably was having dismissed these without trying them.
    Only used at home quickly with humbuckers but so far it's bloody marvellous.
    Thanks Warren, you've done me a good turn here.
  • ennspek said:
    Well mine turned up today and it's frankly very, very, good. Not good for the price or good for solid state, just flat out excellent.
    I never thought of myself as a snob but it turns out I probably was having dismissed these without trying them.
    Only used at home quickly with humbuckers but so far it's bloody marvellous.
    Thanks Warren, you've done me a good turn here.

I tried the 1x12 Artist in Mansons today and came away feeling very impressed. I thought all the options on the clean channel worked very well but couldn't really work out what the Tone switch was doing. The Crunch channel is very reactive and full sounding as well and I liked it with the Boost option. Best of all was Clean + Crunch, this was really something! Just bought a Bogner Shiva on here but I am still tempted by this little amp.....