SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer required

What's Hot
BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
edited January 2014 in Guitars £

Got bored waiting, moved onto something else :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• come to me...........

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27571

There'll be a reason that there's not many around for sale ...

Great guitars.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    ^ Indeed. I've said it before but these are astonishing VFM. I briefly owned a TV yellow Custom Shop special and it honestly had nothing on the yellow one of these fadeds I have for sound and playability.

• I had the SG special faded with the option of having the LP jnr as well, but turned it down. Today the faded juniors are like hens teeth.

• benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    I've got a TV Yellow MIJ Tokai DC, if that's of any interest?
  • benecol said:

As a Tokai aficionado I would normally be interested, however, the prices of MIJ Tokai's are to close to the Gibson faded. 

I'll end up getting bored of it within the year and then pass it on.  In contrast to Gibson's,Tokai LP juniors are not the easiest to move on.

No worries. Interesting that you say they're a swine to pass on - I had to wait for ages for one to come up in the UK.

(This says far more about my luck than it does your reasoning, btw).
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    benecol said:
    pic's/price would be nice
    :)
    Sorry! Was a spur of the moment post, didn't want to hijack another cove's thread; will PM...
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Still looking.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    That's nice!
    I'd never part with my faded LP DC special. Amazing guitar
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

edited January 2014

I was looking at that, although that's a Special rather than the Junior faded (Finest rather then Value).

£599 is too much to justify a whim. I had the faded SG which I felt offered better value than the faded junior at the same price (£449 in what was then Soundcontrol back in 2006/7 ish).

I've seen the faded DCs go for sub £400 many times, but I didn't want one then !, now every man and his dog wants one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • well, it's a 1995 model. they weren't as cheap as the current crop of cheaper faded's. I had a 1999 one and gibson sent me the details. Here you go:

You can find the specifications of this model attached. This guitar model had back in 1999 a suggested retailprice of 1199, - US Dollars, VAT excluded.
    edited January 2014
    well, it's a 1995 model. they weren't as cheap as the current crop of cheaper faded's.

Oh I agree, that's why I likened them to 'finest vs value' . Fretboard binding, one or two piece bodies of the special over a plain neck and multipiece body of the faded.  However, the faded is more than enough for me, just as the faded SG satisfied my need for an SG over the SG Standard model.

Someone did comment on the custom shop (VOS ?) LP junior being a lot of money for not a lot of wood. The faded provides the right price point to dabble with a LPJ.

edited January 2014
    I bought a faded special when they were unfashionable for £450 and another when they were fashionable for £625 and i have to say they are worth every penny of the latter, let alone the former. That thing at Coda will be a fantastic guitar for that money and i am considering it myself

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    The best guitarist i know said my old faded dc was the best sounding guitar hes ever played. Like a proper twonk i sold it
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    JohnPerry said:

Yeah.  I don't use ebay, but to be honest my whim has whimed out . I'll wait until they're out of fashion and pay a reasonable price. £520 (regardless of it being market price) IMHO is way too high for a budget Gibson that for many years you couldn't even give away. Not to mention its been played around with. I only buy original spec untouched factory guitars.

Add a few quid to £520 and your choice of guitar is expanded ten fold.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I couldn't disagree with you more on every point