SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Free 6L6 - Svetlana Winged =C=

EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
I bought this from Watford Valves a thousand years ago, intending on fitting it to my ill-fated Ashdown Fallen Angel.*

Just found it whilst clearing out some drawers. Brand new, but can't find any numbers on it for matching - so you're on your own. Anyone got a Univalve?

Yours for cost of postage.

- Ed

* The sales literature for these amps stated as a feature that the amp could run on EL34s or 6L6s - I tried 6L6s and it wouldn't work properly for some reason, can't remember - sent it back to Ashdown in Colchester, who said that it was never designed to run with 6L6s and put some EL34s in again - a case of a helpful engineering/repairs department combating a combination of stupid marketing claims matched with user stupidity. In hindsight, I feel sorry for them. It was an awful amp. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited December 2013
    (If you google image search "Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 combo", mine is the 10th image that appears. That's how popular they were.)
  • I'll take it please :)
  • The new Fender Ramparte uses a single 6l6.

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    It'll be winging (Ahahaha!) its way to Benny after Christmas. :)
  • Thank you very much :)

Ben