Comments

• Well that's the question isn't it!

So how does a pickup cause this when the guitar is not plugged in
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24385
    Magnets.

As has already been explained above.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I put my ear close to the string when there's buzz I can hear it over the string on the neck. I can't tell which fret it's buzzing against, but it's not happening over the pick up.

Unless and until i get it looked at I'm going to put this notion aside. I don't think it's the pickups causing the buzz. I could be wrong, but that's the position I'm taking in this discussion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24385
    The magnets are not the source of the buzz they can be the cause of the buzz. Different word, different meaning. No one said it was happening over the pickup.

They pull down on the string causing it to vibrate differently along the string length.

On here and on basschat before you got excellent advice. You seem to enjoy asking experienced people for help and then discarding it. 

You got banned on basschat for repeatedly doing the same thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ghostwhistlerghostwhistler Frets: 8
    edited August 2016
    I haven't discarded the adivce at all, and if you had actually read those threads you'd notice I didn't there either, so I can only assume this is an attempt to derail a thread that was productive and polite. What do you hope to gain by that?

I've said, twice, that I have tried to lower the pickups and that they are as low as I can get them. Please explain to me how that is ignoring the advice to lower them.

I've also said that I cannot take the guitar to a professional at this time, so again please explain how that is ignoring the advice?

I will flag subsequent posts that persist with this trolling. Please stay on topic.

Oh and for the record, I was banned because I aasked the moderator to ban me since I had no desire to participate in forums where trolling was permitted. I don't think posting huge long walls of text/massive pictures with captions that have nothing to do with the topic is anything but trolling.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27614
    I haven't discarded the adivce at all
    I don't think you've much chance of getting any better advice than you've had already.

Thread closed.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.