KaBL - an announcement.

What's Hot
Lads and the very occasional lass.

I've decided to knock the KaBL website on the head.  

I will still be taking requests for custom stuff but due to many factors, I can't keep up with the orders and maintaining stock levels that are required to run a "business" where customer service, and speed of service is so important (to me and to you!).

So, by custom stuff, I mean everything that I've previously done but it will all be treated as bespoke orders and as such may be a bit pricier and may take a little longer to send, as I'll be ordering parts for individual jobs, rather than on mass.

I cannot give enough thanks to all of you dudes on The Fretboard (and previously on the old Music Radar site) for all the support, "free" advertising, help and advice over the past five or six years.  It's so much appreciated, and one day I will buy the beers at a forum meet up.

Massive thanks to @wibble for creating the site for me and huge thanks to @Jalapeno @mike_l @sporky @JookyChap @ICBM @DavidRees and @digitalscream who've all been top, top fellas in particular.  It's always dangerous to do a 'thanks list' as there's bound to be someone I've forgotten...please don't take offence as it's just my 46yr old brain slowly turning to mush.

Cheers all.

Rob.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sad to hear that Rob. 

Good luck with whatever comes next. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Sorry to hear that Rob :( hope all is well otherwise.
  • Very sad :( my board is wired up entirely with KaBL leads and looks all the better for it. 

Hope your future endeavours go well :) and you have a return customer in me,even if there will be a wee wait time.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    2 of my best leads are kabl. And my new one for my wireless is just that .... 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    edited January 2017

Devasted !

Enjoy the stress reduction amigo !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Bidley said:
    Sorry to hear that Rob :( hope all is well otherwise.
    Yes mate, everything is fine, thanks for asking. 

The reasons are fairly simple.  I have a new rota where I do my 'real' work, which means less time off during the week and more time off at weekends.  I like to spend my weekends with my family, or at Griffin Park!
    I find it a bit of a stress constantly keeping on top of 'stock' control. It's almost a full time job in itself.  
    There are seemingly quite a few people out there who are undercutting my prices.  It's fine - good for them and I have absolutely no problem with that but I can't go lower as it's really not worth leaving a nice cozy house and trudging out to the workshop in the freezing rain for what amounts to only a couple of quid profit,  when you take into account income tax etc. 

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27134
    Very sorry to hear it but if it's to get more time with family that's a very good reason. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12387
    Sad to hear that Rob. 

Good luck with whatever comes next. :-)
    This. All the best Rob. 
  • Best change your signature, then ;)

• Glad I got in while you were still doing it as the custom lead you made for me about a year back is still going strong!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7348
    I made myself a small cable last year for in between my pedals and I'm pretty sure it cost me about £4 in parts, so I've no idea why people are undercutting you. They must be making nothing.
  • Sounds like it's a positive decision for quality-of-life reasons, and it's impossible to find fault with those.

As such...well done for making the tough decision :)
    <space for hire>
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10431
    It's a hard business to be in. I've been making cables for around 10 years and seen the profit slip down to no more than a couple of quid .... It's still viable for me as most of my customers are bands and order multiple mic leads or drum looms rather than a single cable 

Best of luck Rob it's a well respected business you have built up which isn't an easy thing to do 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Best of luck with whatever's next.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28505
    A shame but understandable. I think I used to put £2 on each cable I made and some people still moaned about the price...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sorry to hear that too but quality time with the family, amongst other things, is understandable.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    Damn. Was  really happy with everything I ordered from you. Good luck for the future. Sounds like a tough but wise decision.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    Rob, sad to see you close up shop, best of luck for the future though.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Sorry to hear that too but quality time with the family, amongst other things, is understandable.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    Feck it....wireless it is then.

All the best Rob.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom