SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Super Champ combo - now just £600 - see thread update

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
edited February 2018 in Amps £
The funny little oddball from the Rivera era at Fender. Handwired, about 18W, with reverb and Lead boost. 220-240V (european) model. Now quite sought-after as a compact way into clean Blackface tones and the more saturated hot-rodded Rivera tones. Very good condition, unmolested, although the upper back panel is missing. See below for caveat

These tend to be treasured. But I also have a Rivera combo, so have these tones covered. One had to go and after a bit of Googling it was clear the Super Champ fetches more £££s.

Price: £600 + shipping

Photos below. No trades.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    Photos:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Any Alan Murpy fans???
    Have a bump for a great amp.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Many, many, many years ago, I saw one of these (in Tiger Music, in Brighton, for all you south coast oldies!) that had been converted into a head and it was being used with a 4x12 cab ...and it produced the *most* extraordinary Rock tone I've ever heard, from that day to this. It just sang...

GLWS
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    I've had a couple of these, as well as the single channel Champ II - they're great fun.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    I've got one, and (along with the horribly unfashionable Jeff Buckley style '80s Telecaster I bought alongside it) it's probably the last piece of gear I'd willingly part with. Fantastic thing! 
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Yup......speaker could be bettered but the amp is just superb .........fantastic little secret.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    What size is the speaker?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Lebarque said:
    What size is the speaker?
    10".
    Oops - sale is temporarily suspended while I get to the bottom the snuffly background noise in Lead mode.

On the speaker, a few guys replace the fixed grommet on the back (where the black/white wire comes out) for a Switchcraft jack socket to allow use of other speaker cabs.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Eminence Ragin Cajun is the perfect match speaker for this or 10" Eminence Red Fang - friend had one and it made it one of the best amps I have ever heard
    Bumping to put this back on the market with a big price drop and with the following caveat:

I just found this amp again, having pushed it to the back of a whole bunch of stuff that also needs my attention. There's no realistic prospect of me looking into the snuffly background noise for ages, so I've dropped the price to £600 on the proviso that you accept this and get your own amp tech to give it the attention it needs.

Price: £600 + shipping or collect from Cambridge
  • P.M. sent
    Still available.

I won't be dropping the price any further. The last time I saw a Super Champ sell for so little was I don't know when! :)