Gibson sg standard t 2017

What's Hot
Hi, I've had a 15 year break from guitar to play bass, an epi  ebo and now want to return to guitar, been looking online at Gibson's, I used to have strats but want a change, had decided on a 2017 Sg standard t from guitarguitar.com for £1099 when I found gak  in brighton through eBay who have what seems to be the same guitar for £930 but the price gap makes me suspicious, can anyone help with advice? Would be very grateful...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 2017
    Gear 4 Music £929, Dawson's £949 - just different dealer pricing. Price might vary with colour & availability depending on what each dealer has in stock.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Set up quality varies from dealer to dealer though. 
  • Thanks guys, I've committed and paid a deposit for heritage cherry sg standard t at £930 now I can stop stressing and look forward to delivery...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markk8842 said:
    Thanks guys, I've committed and paid a deposit for heritage cherry sg standard t at £930 now I can stop stressing and look forward to delivery...
    Pictures when it arrives please! Sounds like you made an excellent choice!
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    Guitarguitar will price match usually
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    INCOMING!!

Imminent NGD alert!
  • NGD ?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24306
    markk8842 said:
    NGD ?
    New Guitar Day.

It's the realisation of GAS.
  • New guitar day.
  • Thanks, gotta wait till del from Gibson for heritage cherry, didn't fancy cherry burst or ebony, my first ever guitar was cherry burst, it cost £10 with a terrible amp and guitar was truly awful, soon replaced it with Japanese squire strat, new for £165 in 1983, which was awesome, wish I still had it, it played beautifully, sublime action after neck shimmed and frets stoned, everyone who played it wanted it, played all my first gigs and recordings with it but it got stolen in 2003, sadly missed, so now want no strats or anything in cherry burst... psychological GAS?
  • Auto correct I meant ps. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    £930 seems VERY fair from Amazon, plus Amazon do not cause any hassle with returns.....how are they so cheap!?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6072
    edited March 2017
    £930 seems VERY fair from Amazon, plus Amazon do not cause any hassle with returns.....how are they so cheap!?
    Bulk buying. They're pretty hand in glove with Gibson, to the extent that new Melody Makers are exclusive to Amazon I believe.
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I bought a P90 loaded one last year. Awesome guitar, enjoy! 
    JezWynd said:
    Bulk buying. They're pretty hand in glove with Gibson, to the extent that new Melody Makers are exclusive to Amazon I believe.

Ah, that would make sense. I love the sunburst...I am very tempted with those pickups and a quality hardcase!
    Just wondering how you have got on with the 2017 SG model....cheers
  • Guitar not due for delivery till middle of April as I wanted heritage cherry which no one had in stock, I ordered from GAK in brighton as nearest stockists to me and I want  build a relationship with an actual guitar shop which is always useful...

markk8842 said:
    Guitar not due for delivery till middle of April as I wanted heritage cherry which no one had in stock, I ordered from GAK in brighton as nearest stockists to me and I want  build a relationship with an actual guitar shop which is always useful...

Totally agree normally, but I've personally had three problems with the aforementioned in the past and I prefer not to try again and it was a nightmare to sort out. Last problem was sending out a brand new pedal (what is was listed as) which turned out to be ex-demo without the required bits and pieces with it (Source Audio pedal).

Got a new factory sealed version eventually, which no doubt your guitar will be as it isn't in stock yet.

Shame as I like using guitar shops, but Amazon's service has been flawless for me for years on things like vinyl, hard drives, video games, pedals etc, so I might give them a shot with a guitar.

• Thanks, I'll bare that in mind,  I was intending to go to the shop to pick it up and try out some practise amps so I'll see how that goes, on the subject of amps I want to get some advice so should I continue in this discussion or start a new one in the amps section? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom