Toaster cables

What's Hot
Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3471
edited April 2017 in Guitar
Anyone one here use them? Thoughts?

Also, their site is down, anyone know any UK dealers or anywhere else I can get them?
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    The cable on our toaster is hard wired so if you want some Toaster cables, it seems that you need to buy a toaster too.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9636
    Is this the same as kettle leads?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited April 2017
    First the guitar was an opportunity to create something unique/boutique, then it was amps, then pedals, then straps... and as each market gets saturated we move on to the next thing with an increasingly smaller notoriety, so now it's custom cables?

I'm not sure what matters more now, the gear or what it does.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I have very little to GAS over any more, since getting the Axe FX...so allow me this minor indulgence!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    If you bought your toaster recently, I would advise getting it repaired under warranty. Trying to fix it yourself could be dangerous.
    They do look quite pretty on his facebook page.
  • Ha, thank you, glad someone thinks so! :-)

• I've got a few fabric covered cables (different brand though)... and, although they look pretty, I think they're a bit ill-conceived. Dirt and bits of grit tend to get collected from the floor... into the braided threads of the cable. Not cool when you're coiling up your cables after a gig.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Is there a label that says "Dry Clean Only"?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72383
    I've got a few fabric covered cables (different brand though)... and, although they look pretty, I think they're a bit ill-conceived. Dirt and bits of grit tend to get collected from the floor... into the braided threads of the cable. Not cool when you're coiling up your cables after a gig.
    I actually find the opposite - they don't pick up the sticky beer/gaffa/who-knows-what residue as much as plain cables do. And you can wash them quite easily if you want to (yes seriously!).

Maybe there are different grades of cloth though - mine are Horizon Vintage IIs, which I've had for about 20 years now - easily the best and longest-lasting cables I've ever used.

Actual toaster/iron/electric heater cables do make nice speaker cables too, I thought that was what the thread was about...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    I've got a few fabric covered cables (different brand though)... and, although they look pretty, I think they're a bit ill-conceived. Dirt and bits of grit tend to get collected from the floor... into the braided threads of the cable. Not cool when you're coiling up your cables after a gig.
    I actually find the opposite - they don't pick up the sticky beer/gaffa/who-knows-what residue as much as plain cables do. And you can wash them quite easily if you want to (yes seriously!).

Maybe there are different grades of cloth though - mine are Horizon Vintage IIs, which I've had for about 20 years now - easily the best and longest-lasting cables I've ever used.

Actual toaster/iron/electric heater cables do make nice speaker cables too, I thought that was what the thread was about...

Mine are Whirlwinds.... which I generally find to be a good, reliable brand of cables. Just not keen on the fabric covering.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3471
    edited April 2017
    I've knocked the Toaster cables on the head and went for some fabric coated cables from designacable, they will do the trick!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007V03WJ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom