Les paul Tribute T info...

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Ok lads, so can anyone who's thinking of getting one of these just hang on a bit please

I want to get one for my birthday and if everyone gets one they might run out

so just wait until I've got mine please . . ta

(I saw them first anyway)
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    That's a hell of a lot of guitar for £600 fair play. If they done a colour I liked that I didn't have a Les Paul in already I think I'd probably buy one for the sake of it.

Andertons have them on pre-order. Tempted with a Gold Top.

I've always fancied one and at that price I've talked myself in to it now 

Damn you starting this thread

Many places saying July is the next shipment. That's ages away for my liking 
    That's my thinking mate 

I've two black les Paul's and a honey burst plain top classic. Always fancied a gold top. Will probably go all Slash on it and change the pups to black uncovered SD Slash models 

I've got a goldtop LPJ already, which I've still yet to do the faux binding on, I think the only colours I could be sold on now are a coppertop or a trans black.

You would love the trans black top on my Joe Perry, AAA top too. No binding though 

I do really like those, it was the guitar that brough trans black to my attention. Very nice, binding I can do without on most finishes to be honest.

It's a beauty. A little bit beaten up but I still can't believe I only paid £650 for it.

It's one of my favourite guitars and the 59' neck profile is fantastic. It's funny how I went off les Paul's for a while then got the bug again and then bought three within 18 months or so and now looking at a fourth 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Are the 490 pickups a fairly low gain pickup? Im not into hot pickups....
  • Are the 490 pickups a fairly low gain pickup? Im not into hot pickups....
    Think there more of a classic rock flavour and are great for blues too. Not super hot 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Think there more of a classic rock flavour and are great for blues too. Not super hot 

I've grown to love them, it first they were a bit different for me but now I really like them, like you said classic rock sound, a little hotter than 57 classics.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited May 2017
    underdog said:

I've grown to love them, it first they were a bit different for me but now I really like them, like you said classic rock sound, a little hotter than 57 classics.

I keep saying I'm going to swap out the 498T and 500T from my classic as they can be quite harsh. 

But when I'm in a Zak Wylde mood they are unbelievable. So they're still in there 
  • Having spoken to a few retailers this morning it's clear that there is a major shortage on all of Gibsons low to mid priced models with ridiculous leads times across the board. 

Nice one Gibson 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Having spoken to a few retailers this morning it's clear that there is a major shortage on all of Gibsons low to mid priced models with ridiculous leads times across the board. 

Nice one Gibson 
    They must be up against the cites regs, that could be causing it?
    dindude said:
    Having spoken to a few retailers this morning it's clear that there is a major shortage on all of Gibsons low to mid priced models with ridiculous leads times across the board. 

Nice one Gibson 

Yup, that was my first guess, they are probably sitting in a port somewhere waiting on paperwork
  • dindude said:

Nice one Gibson 

That's what I said to them and they all said despite the cites situation which has slowed all the manufacturers that this is a Gibson issue with their production and awaiting stock being incredibly slow of late 
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Mine arrived this morning. £599 from Reidy's via amazon. 

Stop prevaricating and get one whilst you can at this sort of money. It's bloody awesome for that price. Mine is well finished, plays fantastically out of the box (nice work Reidy's) and has a nice feel to the neck. 

Sure, it's not a Standard. But it wasn't Standard money. It's just a very nice guitar, for a very reasonable price. As soon as I get paid I am going to be greedy and get a Gold Top too. Then it will be OX4's for the pair of them...

Here's today's arrival with my Burny

[IMG]http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv126/HarboroH/unnamed.jpg[/IMG]

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Might be worth holding off for a bit. The administrators might end up letting stuff go really cheap. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Looks awesome @ellwood does it have faux binding like the Gibson picture or not? 
    @underdog ;

yes, faux binding is there, and it blends very nicely with the top 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;;

yes, faux binding is there, and it blends very nicely with the top 

Oh FFS now I really want to buy one 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @underdog ;

Do it. You know you want to...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;;

Can I own 3 Les Paul's and several other guitars while never having the intention to play them outside of my basement? 

More importantly, would my wife fall for whatever excuse I give this time D
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;

Wait, what . . .I can't find them on Amazon!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Mine had the pick guard on, I bought it off the wall in a store so they may have installed it?   Anyway, I took it off.  It was last September and they said it just came in that morning.  I had stopped in to buy strings, turns out they were on a Les Paul...

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;;

Can I own 3 Les Paul's and several other guitars while never having the intention to play them outside of my basement? 

More importantly, would my wife fall for whatever excuse I give this time D
    Of course you can :)

I used to play professionally but gave it up 5 years ago. Now I hardly have time to play at all but I still keep buying