Helix: Full Fat or Lite?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    Ive owned both, started with the LT and now have the Full Fat...

I thought Id prefer the screen coloured mode (performance is it ??) that is unique to the LT. as it happened, I prefer the scribble strips and 10 assignment option.

Both sound identical ans are tremendous value for money. 
    It's the lack of 10 button assignment that killed the LT for me
    I think it depends on how you build your own presets maybe...

I tend to start with a verb, then a delay, a pre amp at the start, klone, and a looper. Some on the top row, some on the bottom.

You can quickly see how id use 5 or so up (per row) - hence needing 10 switches...

If all that rambling makes sense...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Rule of life no 1 ……..always buy the best you can possibly afford  whatever the item
    …….That way you only cry once !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6137
    Well finally managed to nab myself a two month old Helix LT off evilbay for a song.

I originally wanted the rack version with the pedal controller and was looking to buy one off a forumite who currently adverting it for sale, but a failed MOT and the resultant costs put that particular wish to bed.

So far I'm really impressed with the LT, the routing is so powerful and the FX are excellent. I've started creating my own patches using the amp modellers and the results are amazing.

I was looking at perhaps using a small FRFR solution for home use and the Alto TX10 seems to be good for the money.
    Any recommendations on budget monitoring?

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom