My Son is a Hipster.

What's Hot
I have been working away from home for the last 2 Months, and have recently come home to discover my son is now a Hipster.
You know the type - Big beard, stupid haircut, painted on jeans, vegan munching and Craft Beer drinking........
He has also ' borrowed ' all my vinyl .....
What Happened ??
12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited July 2017
    blimey - a beard at 8.... that's real Hipster!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27085
     vegan munching 
    Do vegans taste good? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Don't worry, the vinyl is just for leaving lying around to show how cool they are, not for actually playing.

Drink all his craft beer as a form of retaliation. Then wash his jeans at too high a temperature so they shrink a bit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    It's got to end soon hasn't it? I've never seen my hipster neighbour's chin :) At least that "wearing your jeans half way down your arse" thing has stopped. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    It's a mainstream look now, I wouldn't worry too much, the conventional is now the experimental.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    I'm a bit of a hipster to be fair, although without a beard and my hair isn't silly, it looks great ;) and I think I'm pretty harmless. I'd rather be a hipster than the yuppie stereotype that seems to be dominant in the bit of Birmingham I spend my day to day in. At least I genuinely like jack up trousers and stripey socks, music on vinyl and posh tea with some of my home baked bread, they can't possibly genuinely like being full of bull shit* :)

*see also the business language thread
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    It's a mainstream look now, I wouldn't worry too much, the conventional is now the experimental.
    A comment that has stuck with me from a mate that used to be an electro/dub etc DJ

'Yeah I think I'm going to get one of those because it's what all the individuals are wearing these days'

Summed it up pretty well lol
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Even chavs have beards nowadays
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    holnrew said:
    Even chavs have beards nowadays
    It annoys me. All the lager-swilling fannies who used to take the piss out of me for having a beard, now have beards.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I'd swap that for my oldest - dreadlocks, tattoos, booze instead of coffee
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    What do you expect if you were not their to guide him LOL

i think as my old mum used to say when I had Robert Plant style locks its just a phase he is going through. 

20 Years from now he will be shopping in marks and wondering why he never wore elasticated waste trousers before and comfortable shoes. Ha Ha
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I'm getting more interested in fashion and how it affects people, how they see themselves etc. We were in Cardiff at the weekend, and I was sitting on benches with my dog mostly. The warm weather South Walian cosmopolitan non-student uniform for men appears to be skinny chino shorts, a weird expensive very thin t-shirt, preferably cut like a shirt with a longer back, short-ish neat hair and a full, short-ish beard. But you can see how couples, heterosexual in the examples I saw, pair up, and how some lads are following this fashion without having the body for it particularly. It was interesting to compare how nice-looking each couple was. There did seem to be a sliding scale, and more than anything I felt for the couples who were going along with it while clearly looking a bit out of place.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ we need a pic cos none of this fashion description computes...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11916
    I thought the primary objective of youth fashion is to horrify and baffle the middle-aged

I always have a chuckle and remember when I used to go round all day dressed in what could fairly be called "stage clothes"
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    I have been working away from home for the last 2 Months, and have recently come home to discover my son is now a Hipster.
    You know the type - Big beard, stupid haircut, painted on jeans, vegan munching and Craft Beer drinking........
    He has also ' borrowed ' all my vinyl .....
    What Happened ??
    Dad?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    There are a lot lot worse things he could be. I looked away for a moment round about when he was 14 and he became some buckfast drinking wannabe casual... I'd love it if he was an aspiring hipster...
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I'm a bit of a hipster to be fair, although without a beard and my hair isn't silly, it looks great ;) and I think I'm pretty harmless. I'd rather be a hipster than the yuppie stereotype that seems to be dominant in the bit of Birmingham I spend my day to day in. At least I genuinely like jack up trousers and stripey socks, music on vinyl and posh tea with some of my home baked bread, they can't possibly genuinely like being full of bull shit* :)

*see also the business language thread
    There are yuppies in Birmingham? Who knew? Are you sure you're just not confusing them with people who have a job?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I used to think I was cool going clubbing in the 80s in an Orange Jump suit.
    if you did that today you would look like you were on the run from Guantanamo Bay .
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom