FENDER CEO Response to 'Is the Electric Guitar Dying?'

What's Hot

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Never realised he was Scottish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    Speaks a fair bit of sense; it certainly wasn't a political-bullshit type interview.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    It's interesting to see how facts can lead people to form an opinion which differs from that promoted by click-bait journalists ;)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I thought it was really interesting that if they reduce the "Drop out rate" by just 10% it equates to double the hardware sales in future.
    I like him, he seems a lot more real than I expected him to be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    And he's a player by the sound of it. Thought he came across very very well.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I thought so too - a man who knows his market!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    He loves Ritchie too. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

prowla said:

Unlike some people we could mention  :D

http://i.imgur.com/XBPc0Q3.jpg

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rabs said:
    prowla said:

Is THAT what the daft C**T in charge of Gibson looks like?

REALLY?

FFS !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry, I can't not do this........

WHITE TRAINERS !!! With white socks, fucking chino's, a polo shirt fleece AND a denim jacket with ONE COLLAR UP?
    Who dressed him, a fucking chimpanzee?

And what's he sat on? The material they use for weight relieved guitars?
    Ok, That's slightly unfair but WTF do BREEZE BLOCKS have to do with guitars?
    And WHO plays their electric guitar with their thumb like that?

He looks like an out of touch pensioner..............Oh WAIT, .......................THAT'S WHAT HE IS !!

Thank you, I feel better now.
    :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Alnico said:
    Rabs said:
    prowla said:

Is THAT what the daft C**T in charge of Gibson looks like?

REALLY?

FFS !

Ohh yes..   This is him trying to convince us all that robot tuners are better.. 

Just sooo wrong..

@Rabs
    I like you, you seem like a decent bloke and I always enjoy your posts.
    I like healthy debate too and I've got a sense of humour but there is NO WAY I'm clicking that and watching them.

NO WAY MAN.

I swear my dreams are bad enough already.

I fell asleep this afternoon and woke up screaming because @Handsome_Chris was bullying me and no matter how much I shouted the REME Motto, "Arte et Marte" (Skill with Fighting) he still kept chasing me and trying to bully me, so I'm not going to actually invite any more weirdness into my dreams thank you.

Chris, I wish I'd made that up but it's actually true.
    Tramadol does very weird things and my dreams have been getting progressively worse for weeks now.
    I considered today a pinnacle of sorts.

Please don't bully me anymore!

LOL.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291

I know he's not but it still looks like he's holding it the wrong way round.
    Cack-handed is how I'd describe it.
    tFB Trader
    Alnico said:
    @Rabs
    I like you, you seem like a decent bloke and I always enjoy your posts.
    I like healthy debate too and I've got a sense of humour but there is NO WAY I'm clicking that and watching them.

NO WAY MAN.

I swear my dreams are bad enough already.

I fell asleep this afternoon and woke up screaming because @Handsome_Chris was bullying me and no matter how much I shouted the REME Motto, "Arte et Marte" (Skill with Fighting) he still kept chasing me and trying to bully me, so I'm not going to actually invite any more weirdness into my dreams thank you.

Chris, I wish I'd made that up but it's actually true.
    Tramadol does very weird things and my dreams have been getting progressively worse for weeks now.
    I considered today a pinnacle of sorts.

Please don't bully me anymore!

LOL.

Haha..  Well that makes you a wiser man than me...  Im afraid ive seen so many wrong things that im beyond help  ;)

Damn you Youtube..  both a blessing and a curse...

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but there's one worrying number in the figures he quotes - on average guitar owners have *seven* guitars. That's dangerously high - it means that there must be a smaller number who have far more than that... and if anything happens to that section of the market, it will have a disproportionate effect on overall sales, in fact more than being able to reduce the drop-out rate for beginners will.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but there's one worrying number in the figures he quotes - on average guitar owners have *seven* guitars. That's dangerously high - it means that there must be a smaller number who have far more than that... and if anything happens to that section of the market, it will have a disproportionate effect on overall sales, in fact more than being able to reduce the drop-out rate for beginners will.
    That's a very good point, I hadn't thought of that.
    Wow.
    I feel like I should add to this thread for those that don't know @Handsome_Chris that he's a really lovely bloke and as far from being a bully as it's possible to get.

That's what made it all the more scary !

I'm sorry Chris, I really am.
    I don't know why my dreams are so messed up at the moment but I'm blaming the tramadol.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    ICBM said:
    When he made those points, I expected the guy to get out a Powerpoint presentation to illustrate his points. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    It's fine. There's a kid learning Smoke on the Water somewhere right now who'll kickstart it all off again.

If guitar could withstand synthpop then the dance/house/hip hop scenes it'll get through this. As Back to the Future and other movies inspired so many of my generation something equally innocuous could do it next weekend. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Hmmm an interesting thread, so far it's got 3 topics, Fender CEO is surprisingly not a dick, the Gibson CEO is predictably a dick, and @alnico has some unresolved homo-erotic sub/dom feelings. 

@Alnico I'm only kidding mate. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom