Ampeg SVX 2 for AmpliTube now available

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Excellent.

Have you tried it yet?

I like the original pack and there is upgrade pricing. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited September 2017
    I've got Amplitube Max (plus Fender 2) which includes all the models from Amplitube SVX. I thought I might get the SVX upgrade price option to SVX 2. But custom shop isn't offering that option, so I'll have to pass on this one

It's not a competition.
  • @stratman3142 ;

Try to purchase through the site?  There should be purchase options on the left of this page http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ampegsvx2/
  • Here is the official video

And SoundCloud

• @stratman3142 ;

Try to purchase through the site?  There should be purchase options on the left of this page http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ampegsvx2/
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it still doesn't offer the upgrade price..
    It's not a competition.
  • Maybe they don't offer it.  If you did want it at the reduced price you could email them.  I've had to do that in the past with iZotope as a particular upgrade option that should've been available wasn't, and they fixed it.  It's not clear if IK will give the discount to Max customers, but it'd be worth an email to find out anyway
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I've got Amplitube Max (plus Fender 2) which includes all the models from Amplitube SVX. I thought I might get the SVX upgrade price option to SVX 2. But custom shop isn't offering that option, so I'll have to pass on this one

I think you go for a Max upgrade as you bought everything in one go ...

Excellent.

Have you tried it yet?

I like the original pack and there is upgrade pricing. 
    No .. I'll probably upgrade as I use the original pack for my bass tones.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited September 2017
    Had a go on it.  Definitely will be picking it up, the clean bass sounds from it are very nice, using with Ownhammer Ampeg IRs as I'm familiar with them and I probably won't use the built in cabs at all unless I can't get what I want from the OH pack (just to save another thing to learn).

My only comment is because it's true to the models you have to use the separate (but always visible) module volume control at the bottom of the plugin window, since the volume controls on the models are interactive with the sounds.  But that's not really an issue just an observation.

The deep low end you can get out of these sims is really nice, feels good to play through.  I don't have any complaints other than I wish they'd modelled a few bass distortion/overdrives to go with the pack, since that's one area where something like Helix Native is offering more than Amplitube.  I figure there's scope to do this via the custom shop one day, and I hope they do.

I've also been using it with Cytomic's The Scream (Tubescreamer Sim) before the SVX 2 amps - the mix control, along with the high and low pass filters (in the mod section) mean it's pretty straight forward to get a range of overdriven and gritty bass sounds.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @guitarfishbay ; .. interesting .. I'll give it a go at the weekend, but I think I'll upgrade as its my go to bass sim.

• @Fretwired and @stratman3142 ;

There have been people having upgrade issues as per this thread.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=490664

I'm running the 3 day demo out first so won't upgrade until it's finished, hopefully all issues sorted by then 

@Fretwired and @stratman3142 ;

I'm running the 3 day demo out first so won't upgrade until it's finished, hopefully all issues sorted by then 

A lack of testing me thinks .... has happened with Native Instruments in the past. Should be quick to fix.

• @Fretwired and @stratman3142 ;

I opened a ticket on the IK site and got a response. I think they're currently sorting it out.
    It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited September 2017
    I just got it for the upgrade price and managed to redeem some jampoints, so it was a no brainer

I've had a quick play and it's sounding good. Maybe I'll use it for this month's RRotm entry and use my bass. 
    It's not a competition.
  • I spent some more time playing through these last night with a couple of different basses and trying out the original SVX amps again.

I think they're better sounding than the models in SVX 1, I've not played through any of these as real amps but just in terms of what I can get out of them I really like SVX2 and will definitely be picking it up after my trial expires.

I've also found that in Logic you can use splits on the Pedalboard plugin to get a mix knob type of setup going.  You can also split by frequency if required.  Between that, Cytomic's The Scream, and TSE's BOD (which was recently updated to version 3) I'm pretty happy for ITB bass sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Have you had a go on it yet @Fretwired ?

I've bought it.  I think these have the nicest clean and deep low end out of any bass sim I've tried.  The V4B is my favourite, can really get some room shaking low end out of it.  Took me a little while to get the hang of the SVT VR but I think all the amps sound good.
    Have you had a go on it yet @Fretwired ?

I've bought it.  I think these have the nicest clean and deep low end out of any bass sim I've tried.  The V4B is my favourite, can really get some room shaking low end out of it.  Took me a little while to get the hang of the SVT VR but I think all the amps sound good.
    Scheduled time tomorrow .. looking forward to trying it .. :-)

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Tried this out today. Along with this and The Scream VST, and my Helix... not sure I need my Darkglass pedal!!
  • I knew if I kept going on about The Scream long enough someone else would try it.  It's free to demo, $29 to buy, still in public beta but I've not encountered any issues and already bought the license just because I really think it's great.  https://cytomic.com/scream

The Scream's highpass and lowpass settings, and the mix knob, make for a great and pretty versatile bass overdrive.  Amplitube's drive pedals lack a mix option, and honestly I think The Scream sounds better than the Tubscreamer in Amplitube 4 anyway (and Helix Native, for that matter).

SVX2 uses IK's newest 'Dynamic Interaction Modelling' and the only other pack that currently uses that is Fender 2.  I'll have a go on Fender 2 at some point... but based on SVX2 having some really nice clear low end, I'm hoping they re-visit some of the higher gain amps with the new modelling technology.  There are plenty of Mesa amps left to do for a Mesa 2 collection for starters, and given Fender's tie in with EVH, I wonder if they could do an EVH model at some point too.

SVX2 uses IK's newest 'Dynamic Interaction Modelling' and the only other pack that currently uses that is Fender 2.  I'll have a go on Fender 2 at some point... but based on SVX2 having some really nice clear low end, I'm hoping they re-visit some of the higher gain amps with the new modelling technology.  There are plenty of Mesa amps left to do for a Mesa 2 collection for starters, and given Fender's tie in with EVH, I wonder if they could do an EVH model at some point too.
    Everything is being remodelled ..