Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which pedal should you have never gotten rid of?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited November 2017
    I don't regret letting go of any of my sold pedals.   

However, I don't easily get rid of things generally.

I did have a Danelectro Backtalk and a original moniker Boss DF-2 in mint condition, but I sold them for big bucks.   It would have been nice to keep them but they aren't anything special as effects.

Maybe I am a pedal hoarder.  I have been rationalising things a bit, though, more recently. 

Help me by buying some of  my pedals (see my FS and FT threads)/

In the second picture below (both were taken a few years ago), I no longer own about a dozen of those pedals, I've just noticed; however, I have probably acquired more than a dozen additional fuzz pedal in that time, so...

image image
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Lovepedal Les Lius
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I really wish I still had my Analogman Bad Bob mini, I sold it on here a few years ago.. Replaced it with a Keeley Katana Mini.

I'd have Bob back in a heart beat
  • Van Weelden Royal Overdrive. I knew it was a bad idea when I got the money in PayPal but it was too late then. Amazing pedal
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72412
    DesVegas said:
    Which pedal should you have never gotten rid of?
    Boss CS-2. Just sold it to richardhomer.

;)

Just kidding. He'll use it much more than I did :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Boss CS-2. Just sold it to richardhomer.

;)

Just kidding. He'll use it much more than I did :).
    And I’m enjoying it very much. I had one ‘back in the day’ and wondered whether my memory was playing me tricks - no compressor I’ve had since has seemed as good.

It sounds just as good as I remembered; it just goes to show how we all have a different sense of what ‘good’ sounds like....
    richardhomer said:

And I’m enjoying it very much. I had one ‘back in the day’ and wondered whether my memory was playing me tricks - no compressor I’ve had since has seemed as good.

It sounds just as good as I remembered; it just goes to show how we all have a different sense of what ‘good’ sounds like....
    Ha :). I think it sounds great - I just can't get on with what it does to the picking dynamics. Just glad it's gone to someone who does!

The 'memory' thing is odd - you would think that after so long, you wouldn't remember a sound that clearly... but you do. I recently bought a CE-3 chorus, one of which I had in the 1980s - when I plugged the new one in it was like stepping back in time. Stupidly, I sold it to someone who was looking for one since I thought my CE-2 would do the job just as well. Actually, it doesn't sound as 'right' to me, even though it's the supposedly more classic model.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6082
    @ICBM, I've got a nice, clean boxed CE-3 if you're still looking for one. I'm a bit over run with chorus pedals atm, so it's not going to get any use.
  • Hands down the Cornish P-2. Will definitely get another one at some point (hopefully soon).
    Good deals with: andrewaward (X2), wellsyboy (X2), AxeWieldingBastard, rainer2859, garfy, rogandroll, Gassage, HoraceB, johnhe, hyperben, JezWynd, interstellar, soma1975, pumkin, JDE (X2), JohnPerry, Varun, Springywheel
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    The Marshall Super Fuzz pedal I had in the seventies. Massive pedal and it weighed a ton but it sounded great to me at the time.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Fez said:
    The Marshall Super Fuzz pedal I had in the seventies. Massive pedal and it weighed a ton but it sounded great to me at the time.
    Also worth a small fortune now...

• DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    mad professor golden Cello