GAS epiphany

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
In a rare moment of absolute clarity I realised that all future and recent GAS is futile and will be a waste of money in the long run, so I may as well just put any spare £ towards eventually getting a second DGT in a different colour 

:-D 
Red ones are better. 
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• But the only colour better than goldtop is blacktop and they don't make those. Maybe just "with/without birds"
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    No, I don't care for the birds (although the outline ones are far less of a mess) 

Did they ever do the DGT Standard in bare mahogany? 
    Red ones are better. 
    ooh - they do the Standard in black
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    No, I don't care for the birds (although the outline ones are far less of a mess) 

Google image search says yes, limited run (presumably limited to N, where N is however many they could sell)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    edited February 2014
    TimmyO said:

Google image search says yes, limited run (presumably limited to N, where N is however many they could sell)
    Almost. They only offered the model for about 6 weeks to dealers. They built as many as were ordered, plus presumably a few more. 

The really cool one to buy though, would be one from this run;

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Yeap, been there.  Cheaper GAS to stop you buying what you really want doesn't work. I'd much rather wait a couple of years for what I want than spend on a load of stuff that I'll only end up selling on ( at a loss) to buy what I originally wanted.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    TimmyO;11258" said:
    In a rare moment of absolute clarity I realised that all future and recent GAS is futile and will be a waste of money in the long run, so I may as well just put any spare £ towards eventually getting a second DGT in a different colour 

:-D 

Still GAS tho isn't it?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I get that OP.
    You need a backup guitar so why not a great backup guitar. I fancy another Cornell with a different speaker but of course I could just get an extension cab for £150. Damn!

The GAS that puzzles me is on MLPF where guys are actually buying the same $6k guitar every 2 or 3 months. Sometimes it looks like the same Colour.  Are Gibson  absolutely sure that Manhattan Desert Biscuit Ice Tea is not the same colour as 2013's Grand Canyon Sunset When Squinting Ice Tea?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Crikey, finally a nice looking PRS! Any idea of the used price for one of these, I think I'll have to hunt one down.
  • But the only colour better than goldtop is blacktop and they don't make those. Maybe just "with/without birds"
    Surf green!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    But the only colour better than goldtop is blacktop and they don't make those. Maybe just "with/without birds"
    Surf green!
    :-) is that yours on eBay then? If I was solvent I'd probably have it! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
     Grandma Hannon Pink  has been a favourite of mine.....forever.

Cool
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    edited February 2014
    The problem with having two expensive guitars nearly the same is that you will prefer one to the other, and the second one will seem like a waste to own when you don't play it, so you will eventually sell it to buy something different enough that you will want to play it, and then you're back where you started. Been there, done that, with two PRSs…

For me the real epiphany was that I actually did not need more guitars, in fact I needed fewer. That way I play them all more often.

You may get the stake and the kindling ready now if you like :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    But the only colour better than goldtop is blacktop and they don't make those. Maybe just "with/without birds"
    Surf green!
    :-) is that yours on eBay then? If I was solvent I'd probably have it! 
    I dont own a PRS. Never have. Not even played one really.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited February 2014

edited February 2014

edited February 2014

• dont know what happened there...

admins help please?