Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your FX Purchase Of The Year!

What's Hot

Comments

• pmg said:

No.2 - Fender Johnny Marr Jag - full of melody

Loving the tort guard Warren, where did you get that from? @Wazmeister ;
    Mate, the previous owner fitted it. I've since changed the knobs and trem end piece :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    My Freakish Blues Alpha Drive knocked the Joyo Ultimate Drive off my board.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    @Wazmeister  nice although I have no problem with the stock trem and knobs.  Only changes I’d make would be a tort guard, stay trem bridge and setup for 11s.  And wouldn’t be sure about the guard if it was an oly white model.  Either way, yours looks great!
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Empress Tremolo is my favourite thing that I've bought this year.

I also find the Whammy DT I bought this year really useful when gigging.  It's done away with my need for a capo and a drop-tuned guitar, which makes my life 1000times easier
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    The only pedal I bought this year is a DOD Carcosa. It's really good - another DOD/ Digitech win.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • lovebuzzlovebuzz Frets: 104
    probably the EHX Super Pulsar tremolo.    ultimate tremolo.   does more stuff that you'd spec.
    Under the bridge downtown
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Gotta be the Sunface NKT. Made me very happy. 
  • Has to be the Digitech Trio+ for me. Such a versatile and useful pedal for practice, songwriting and OMB or OGB work. Mid-priced but such excellent value for money. Go and buy one now if you don't already own one!

My runner up is the Digitech Freqout. An amazing artificial feedback creator that works at bedroom or stage volume. Lots of options available without becoming too fiddly. Playability is great and it doesn't rely on you finding a sweet spot in the room.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated or associated with Digitech in any way. It just happened that they produced two exceptional pedals this year and I can't wait to see what they come up with in 2018.

"When the train, it left the station, there was two lights on behind,
    Well, the blue light was my baby, and the red light was my mind.”
    Robert Johnson
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9560
    edited December 2017
    Another very late entry.

Arrived from Italy; posted on the Monday, arrived on the Tuesday !!!

The superb, and totally unbeatable PTD Mini Bone.

Made up to have scored this...

• damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    My pick of the year is the Effectrode LA-1A leveling amplifier. I probably won't ever turn it off. 

Honorable mention also for the DOD rubberneck delay which gets close the sound of an MF104 for a fraction of the price. 

Biggest disappointment was the Gurus Echosex 2 T7E, which is being returned for a refund. 
  • @damm73 really? I'm a big gurus fan and had that pedal high up my to try list.. what's up with it?
  • damm73 said:

Honorable mention also for the DOD rubberneck delay which gets close the sound of an MF104 for a fraction of the price. 

So very true
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    AX8 for me. Amazing bit of kit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    Until this year I bought 2 pedals in the last 10 or so years. This year I bought 4. 3 of them could rate as pedal of the year.

Friedman be first overdrive since my klon in 07. Amazing at home and so much gain.
    Mel 9 simply opens up more songs on guitar love playing elbow on the string patch as a warm up.
    Red panda reverb, no frills lovely sounding reverb with a delay setting, opens up the sound.

And the runner up...fulltone trem I haven't used it much but you can get lost in the sound, 3 switches make it very usable live.
  • damm73 said:

So very true
    I need to revisit mine. I didn't enjoy it at all.
  • damm73 said:

So very true
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    DopeFX Black Lotus! I was going to say my Boss MS-3, which has had a fairly dramatic impact on my pedal board. But checking on the date, and right back at the beginning of January I bought a DopeFX Black Lotus overdrive from @DesVegas - and suddenly (on it's own, also pushed with a Turbo Rat) I had the lead tones I'd been trying to achieve for years on tap, amazing. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    @damm73 really? I'm a big gurus fan and had that pedal high up my to try list.. what's up with it?
    I really like the 1959DD but the T7E didn't live up to my expectations for such an expensive pedal. I'll try and do a wee review and maybe post some sound clips since there are so few of them about. 
  • damm73 said:

So very true
    What didn't you like?
    Other than the modulation being on a hair trigger I've had no grumbles what so ever. Nice dark repeats, tone control, Regen, and dialable grit etc
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.