Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The League of Gentlemen.. New Episodes

What's Hot

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9674
    edited December 2017
    “It’s time to take back control” - genius.

And that bingo caller monologue was a tragicomic masterpiece.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I'm recording them too, have heard some very promising reports. Fingers crossed, there's so little good comedy around these days.
  • Enjoyed the two episodes, back on top form.

The bingo caller was fucking hilarious. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    Saving them for the weekend and I'll binge watch them.

On a side note,Steve Pemberton was on the One Show earlier saying the new series of Inside No.9 starts in the new year.Well worth a watch if you've not seen it.

The one they did with Sheridan Smith (The Twelve Days Of Christine) is some of the best tv I've seen in years.I watched it three times,and was in tears every time at the end.Not many shows move me like that one did and Smith is stunning in it (and I don't just mean her looks). Seriously, catch it if you can.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a fan. It’s a bit too close to home for me. They actually film it in my hometown and could be a fly on the wall documentary. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5190
    Watched the first one tonight....didn’t work for me I’m afraid. Perhaps it was ‘of its time’ I loved it first time around as well.... :s
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3935
    I'm getting tickets for their tour today hopefully.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3082
    Thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes, dark and mental as ever, wishing the day away today waiting for the last one.......10/10 from me!.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    I watched it last night, first episode, was nearly choking laughing. Very very funny. Funniest thing I've seen on TV for ages
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7593
    I think some of it doesn't work as well now - the "jokes" on the posters around town, all a bit basic and it's been done since now. 

But the basic horrificness of the characters still works. and those fucking twins still creep me the fuck out!

The bingo caller monologue was mesmerizing - just brilliant. 

and I nearly choked at "Will this kill a fat woman tonight?" 
    Red ones are better. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12450
    I've never seen a single episode before.  I loved episode 1, episode 2 completely watchable but did not make me laugh out loud like episode 1.  The bingo caller but was genius.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1216
    edited December 2017
    I loved the LOG the first time around and I had no idea that these new shows were out. I'm going to catch up tonight!
    Link to my trading feedback
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7593
    munckee said:
    I've never seen a single episode before.  I loved episode 1, episode 2 completely watchable but did not make me laugh out loud like episode 1.  The bingo caller but was genius.
    you're missing LOTS of context for most of the characters. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12016
    Way back when it was first popular, we thought about buying Auntie Val's house, it was going for a good price
    I think we realised that commuting to anywhere was a nightmare
    Not a fan. It’s a bit too close to home for me. They actually film it in my hometown and could be a fly on the wall documentary. 
    Which town is it filmed in?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Watched the final episode last night, thoroughy enjoyed them all. The old characters were as mental as ever, some very clever humour in things like the bingo caller and key under the mat etc, the photo booth one liner at the end "Eets wife mine now!"
    Comedy genius! 

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    The 3rd one last night was a bit hampered by having to tie up all the loose ends, IMHO.
    Enjoyed the three as a nice little reminisce though.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    Also, who else was secretly happy for Les McQueen :) ?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1761
    FX_Munkee said:
    Also, who else was secretly happy for Les McQueen :) ?

I was very happy for him.

I missed a tiny bit last night that someone could enlighten me on (the wife was talking too loudly) where the vicar/mayor explained why she sold the town for fracking - what was the reason?

• gubblegubble Frets: 1761
    Acronym - that cracked me up - especially when it appeared in the photobooth