Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you have any superpowers ?

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    I know when it's a Full Moon even when it's cloudy.... I feel it like the Sun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    I can open jars without saying out loud "bloody hell that's on tight"

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I get a terrible sense of foreboding before I get dumped.
    Does that count?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited January 2018

Stevepage said:

(Parklife)

usedtobe said:
    Does that count?

(Parklife)

All the people
    So many people
    And they all go hand-in-hand
    Hand-in-hand through their parklife

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170

Stevepage said:

(Parklife)

usedtobe said:
    Does that count?

(Parklife)

All the people
    So many people
    And hey all go hand-in-hand
    Hand-in-hand through their parklife

:)

Do I get a writing credit?  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited January 2018
    First line, where my phone ballsed-up the formatting.

(Parklife)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24330
    Emp_Fab said:
    Skipped said:
    I hope this thread is partially serious.
    Absolutely. Hence my request to refrain from the funny comments at the beginning. I’m very serious indeed about the unusual abilities thing. With that in mind, I am going to pass judgement now on the claims to superpower status. So far, we have a small handful of serious claims. The rest are just silly. The claims that I think deserve the status of unnatural ability are; Maynehead and his microscopic vision, Sporky and Dano and their hyper-accurate mental clocks, JezWynd and his ability to summon people by thought alone and DrCornelius’s ability to predict the near future.
    The team has now expanded to include Skipped for his ability to remotely sense trouble, Johnnyburgo joins Sporky and Dano for his mental clock - I think they should be titled "The Timelords", and Tone1 for the ability to sense a full moon.  Not sure how that could be used, but it's definitely a paranormal ability.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    Procrastination Man.
  • i think im overly sensitive to electro-magnetic energy. I can feel when someones mobile is about to ring or when im in a room i feel a slight tingle from mobiles, have tested this with people powering them down.
  • I can plug USB sticks in correctly on the first attempt.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    i think im overly sensitive to electro-magnetic energy. I can feel when someones mobile is about to ring or when im in a room i feel a slight tingle from mobiles, have tested this with people powering them down.
    That’s interesting.  I knew a chap once who had a more extreme version of that.  He was with Iggy & Bowie, and had to keep all his recording gear in a shielded room in his home studio.  He reckoned the electromagnetic radiation made him ill.  Bit of a bummer if you’re doing a stadium gig I would imagine!

Either way... Superpower.  You’re in.

I can plug USB sticks in correctly on the first attempt.
    Now, if you’d said “I can fly by just flapping my arms” or “I can walk on water”, you’d have been in with a chance, very small, but a chance nonetheless.  However, your claim is SO laughably unachievable, nobody will ever believe you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited January 2018
    Whenever my sister-in-law starts bestowing some wisdom upon me, I can summon up this tune in my head at will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    Emp_Fab said:
    Skipped said:
    Absolutely. Hence my request to refrain from the funny comments at the beginning. I’m very serious indeed about the unusual abilities thing. With that in mind, I am going to pass judgement now on the claims to superpower status. So far, we have a small handful of serious claims. The rest are just silly. The claims that I think deserve the status of unnatural ability are; Maynehead and his microscopic vision, Sporky and Dano and their hyper-accurate mental clocks, JezWynd and his ability to summon people by thought alone and DrCornelius’s ability to predict the near future.

The rest of you are just charlatans.

Any others endowed with logic-defying abilities ?
    I wish to challenge your logic of charlatan identification

i restate my case whereby I just drive to a town I have never been before and get to where I need to go without a map or direction signs - an internal compass if you like, just like an internal moral compass without the ethics stuff :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Tinnitus?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Well, at least Marvel know where to come for inspiration for their next X-Men instalment. It's freak central here.
    sev112 said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Skipped said:

The rest of you are just charlatans.

Any others endowed with logic-defying abilities ?
    I wish to challenge your logic of charlatan identification

i restate my case whereby I just drive to a town I have never been before and get to where I need to go without a map or direction signs - an internal compass if you like, just like an internal moral compass without the ethics stuff :)

You can really do that ?  Like really really?

The Human Satnav.  You will guide us on our crime-fighting missions.  Actually, we need to decide if we are going to fight crime.  The other option of course is that we create crime.  Dark side and all that.  There’s more money in it.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6074
    Neill said:
    Ok, being serious about this I have met a number of very clever people who believe that humans have any number of special "powers" that in pre-historic times we would have employed, even relied upon, to stay alive.  Over thousands of years we have "progressed" to the point where these powers are no longer needed, a bit like we still have an appendix even though it has no physical function. 

I go along with that. I'm not sure that they're old powers that have become surplus to requirements but, for instance; just because I've never seen a ghost doesn't mean that some other people can't see them. We each have things that we excel at and others at which we are quite poor.

I think I'm quite good at knowing what people are thinking (if I'm in a room with them), I can often sense accurately their unspoken thoughts. It's not an especially unusual power, lots of people have it to some degree; but there are others who completely lack the ability - or perhaps they simply don't bother to enquire of themselves what someone else is thinking. Someone I was close to once told me that they'd never put themselves in another person's shoes - they'd never considered how a situation might appear to someone else. I was shocked, esp. as I thought I knew what others were thinking (or not thinking in this case).
    JezWynd said:

..just because I've never seen a ghost doesn't mean that some other people can't see them. 
    Yes it does. Because they don’t exist.  If I said “just because I haven’t seen a real dragon doesn’t mean other people can’t see them”, you’d question my sanity  =)
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3168
    tFB Trader
     Yes, quite a few...

- Even when I'm paying no attention whatsoever, I can repeat the last sentence that someone said when they then say "You're not listening, what did I just say?". I developed it in Secondary School when I used to daydream in class and the teachers would call me out. Now it's very useful when the Mrs is blabbering on about cushions or candles.

- I can tell when a woman is a few days away from menstruating, I can smell it on them. Sort of a mix of lavender and goat's cheese.

- Sometimes I'll just start left-foot braking in a car as though it's completely natural.

- Despite being right-handed, some things that I do are south-paw like Golf, Cricket, Snowboarding, Baseball.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk