Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Chapman Guitars at NAMM

What's Hot

Comments

• p_jay78p_jay78 Frets: 182
    @Fretwired Well said.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11764
    I'm going to try to sum up the "generic Rob Chapman thread"....

"There is a new Chapman product, it's more expensive than the last one, here is a link to him plugging it, with Lee Anderton standing in the background with a pile of cash pointing at the camera and laughing..."

"It will never sell, there is no way the daft reasons for spending thousands on that product are as acceptable to me as my daft reasons for spending thousands on a similar product..."

"Chappers is rubbish, every time I spend a whole day watching Youtube videos of him at Andertons I just say to myself how do these guys even get popular in the first place..."

"You lot are just jealous, Chappers is great and you all suck you big sucky jealous people, suck my sweaty ball sack!"

"I'm not jealous, I just spent 15k in one month on guitars because I'm in the 1%... not like you losers, and I'm sure in the inevitable revolution I won't get beaten to death with my custom guitars then strung up with a set of d'addarios..."

"I guess we will all wait and see how he does, his constant record of success doesn't mean he will keep having success, not if I keep putting pins in this smug bearded doll..."

and so on... and on... and on...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    crunchman said:

Edit: I just realised that I mentioned Terry Morgan in a Chapman thread.  I hope it doesn't cause the world to end!

Man, you just divided by zero.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Hang on, if the Chinese do a cheap fake knock off version of these, a la Chibson, what the hell are we going to call them??!!
    Chapmanese?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Hang on, if the Chinese do a cheap fake knock off version of these, a la Chibson, what the hell are we going to call them??!!
    Chapmanese?

Given his self awarded moniker of the "Monkey Lord" it has to be Chinpanzee surely?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    He's striking while the iron is hot...

Not long until you say the demo videos from Fluff, Andertons, Rabea, Jared Dines, Rob Scallon etc.. etc.. etc... 

At worst, this will raise the bar of his usual Chapman guitars.  Like people who buy a Porsche Boxster ;)

Good luck to him for sure, but I CBA with all the YouTube videos which will outline just how amazing everything about it is please visit this affiliate link

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Fretwired said:
    PukiBusuk said:
    3.5k - 4k for a Chump Man. The "British Standard" ..LMAO, Should be called  the "British Elite" because the regular income  spotty face fanboys/girls/transgender millennials cannot afford them. "British Standard" indeed ..HAHAHAHAHA
    Yawn.

From what I've read they'll be selling very low numbers and buyers will be able to spec much of the guitar. And as far as I am aware I haven't seen any prices, so not sure where the £3K to £4K comes from. I know some luthiers making good money building high quality guitars in small numbers. I had a Tele made to my own spec by one .. great guitar.

Lee and Rob are smart. Rob's carved a great career for himself as a YouTube celeb, band leader and owner of a guitar brand which is sold all over the world. I'm trying to work out where it's all gone wrong for him ... but I can't. He was at NAMM launching a new guitar line while most of those criticising him on here were off to work at their dead end boring office jobs, and probably see ranting on here as the highlight of their mundane day - very sad.

Rob's laughing all the way to the bank .. I think he and Rabea are top blokes.

This. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    To me it seems that the pickup thing is so btw can go "it comes with Chapmans" to pretend that the OEM stock pickups are actually after market upgrades 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Maybe he is hand making each one himself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    15 a week? So that's 2 a day and 3 on Sundays. 

Impossible!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    mbe said:

Impossible!
    He’s got a massive 3D Printer
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    mbe said:

Impossible!
    He’s got a massive 3D Printer
    He's also got a fur lined sheepskin jacket.  My ma says they cost a packet.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    are we allowed to mention the hair?
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Fretwired said:
    PukiBusuk said:
    3.5k - 4k for a Chump Man. The "British Standard" ..LMAO, Should be called  the "British Elite" because the regular income  spotty face fanboys/girls/transgender millennials cannot afford them. "British Standard" indeed ..HAHAHAHAHA
    Yawn.

From what I've read they'll be selling very low numbers and buyers will be able to spec much of the guitar. And as far as I am aware I haven't seen any prices, so not sure where the £3K to £4K comes from. I know some luthiers making good money building high quality guitars in small numbers. I had a Tele made to my own spec by one .. great guitar.

Lee and Rob are smart. Rob's carved a great career for himself as a YouTube celeb, band leader and owner of a guitar brand which is sold all over the world. I'm trying to work out where it's all gone wrong for him ... but I can't. He was at NAMM launching a new guitar line while most of those criticising him on here were off to work at their dead end boring office jobs, and probably see ranting on here as the highlight of their mundane day - very sad.

Wiz’d

The last sentence of your second paragraph is how I tend to view this place too... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Fretwired said:
    PukiBusuk said:
    And as far as I am aware I haven't seen any prices, so not sure where the £3K to £4K comes from.

Well, one of the owners of Chapman Guitars says in the NAMM video that they will cost £3500, so fairly conclusive.

and having just done a search on World Guitars and GuitarGuitar’s websites for what’s available for £3500 these days I will be amazed if they actually manage to sell just one of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    John_P said:
    He’s a marketing guy and that’s what these are.  For little investment on his part people are talking about Chapman guitars.   Doesn’t matter if they sell as it get publicity and might go some way towards lifting the perception of his brand towards serious quality.   
    Winner Winner, chicken dinner !
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Budgie said:
    Fretwired said:
    PukiBusuk said:
    Yawn.

Wiz’d

The last sentence of your second paragraph is how I tend to view this place too... 
    Don't really see the point of that kind of post, it's like going on a football forum and on every thread saying "at least he's actually a footballer/manager, you just work in an office"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 23reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    thegummy said:
    Budgie said:
    Fretwired said:
    PukiBusuk said:
    Yawn.

Wiz’d

Don't really see the point of that kind of post, it's like going on a football forum and on every thread saying "at least he's actually a footballer/manager, you just work in an office"

Fuck knows what they do in office forums
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    https://youtu.be/A1JQdH23fAY

6min 20ish - ‘Chapman pickups are way more affordable’
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    joeyowen said:
    thegummy said:
    Budgie said:
    Fretwired said:
    PukiBusuk said:
    Yawn.

Wiz’d

Fuck knows what they do in office forums
    Office forums have guitarists and footballers/managers going on telling them they don't know how lucky they are
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom