Loud, clean 12" speaker reccommendations

What's Hot
JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
So I just got a Roland Bolt 30, it sounds bloody great but I'm going to need a more efficient speaker. Needs to preferably have a darker voicing and be loud as fuck. What do you guys think I should get?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    V30.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    V30.
    I had one in a Musicman combo and hated it. Too fatiguing in the upper mids. I replaced it with a WG12SC that was better but I'm looking for something beefier. I had a Ragin Cajun in a 68 reissue Princeton once, I'd love that sound again but louder 
    JamesSGBrown said:

I had a Ragin Cajun in a 68 reissue Princeton once, I'd love that sound again but louder 
    In that case, Swamp Thang.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6146
    tFB Trader
    WGS 12L

here you go

https://wgsusa.com/12L
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    WGS ET90 might fit the bill
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I notice someone here has a celestion redback for sale . Anyone have experience with one?

Thanks for the suggestions so far :)
  • ThorpyFX said:
    WGS 12L

here you go

Looks perfect but it's more than I payed for the amp ha
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6146
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    WGS 12L

here you go

Ah whoops
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Cannabis Rex is  very efficient speaker with rolled off high end. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Eminence Wizard is loud as a very loud thing. I wouldn't describe it as dark though but that's what tone controls are for. You can take away high end but you can't put it back if it's not there to start with. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    WGS 12L

here you go

Don't let that hold you back, it may make the amp the best amp you ever had/will have - Speakers are vital in getting the sound you like. and if you upgrade the amp you can take the speaker with you.. just saying
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    ThorpyFX said:
    WGS 12L

here you go

Don't let that hold you back, it may make the amp the best amp you ever had/will have - Speakers are vital in getting the sound you like. and if you upgrade the amp you can take the speaker with you.. just saying
    Very true. I spent just shy of £400 on two EVM 12Ls and it was the best decision I've ever made. Loud isn't the word and they will never break up. They will give you the exact sound of your amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    I can recommend the Harma  Dark Star, (Watford Valves). Very loud & clean, less kids than an EV12L, , but still full bodied tone.
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Mid’s, Sorry.
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    Wgs reaper. Had two in different amps. Very good speaker, not too pricey. Don't know about dark, but certainly not bright 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited April 2018
    Wgs Veteran 30
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Waiting on a Red Coat Governer   I had one in my old Laney and it was great. Hope it turns up before the show 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Celestion K100...its loud...and a great frequency range...its sounded great with any amp i've put through it
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    edited April 2018
    celestion bn12-300s?  Appreciate its a bass speaker, but these are the recommended speaker for quilter solid state amps. I've used mine with various amps and it works well as a guitar speaker.
    thomasw88 said:
    celestion bn12-300s?  Appreciate its a bass speaker, but these are the recommended speaker for quilter solid state amps. I've used mine with various amps and it works well as a guitar speaker.
    The Eminence Delta 12A also works well, especially with brighter-sounding solid-state amps. It's intended as a PA bass driver and is rated for 400W, but is only about £70 new! Unfortunately it also weighs quite a lot...

I haven't tried the Alpha or Beta versions which are lighter, but might be worth a go.