Burglar got killed

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140
    underdog said:
    Chalky said:
    Iamnobody said:
    bodhi said:
    Career criminal targets the vulnerable.  Karma hands him his ass.  Tough luck.  Next.
    I’m sure he will be remembered as a rough diamond, a loveable rogue who will be sadly missed by all his family and friends...
    Apparently his family is already claiming "there are questions that must be answered"...

Like why do two grown men think it's ok to break in to elderly people's houses? Or if the family weren't career criminals would he still be alive today? Is it easier for them to blame a 78 year old man for their relatives death rather than face up to the fact it was his own fault and most of the country think he got what he deserved?
    yes it is easier. Some of the quotes I’m reading from family members of the deceased don’t lend themselves to suggesting that intelligence is rife within this gene pool.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    munckee said:
    They should be allowed to grieve, the dead guy was a father and a son to somebody. Yes he might have been a wrong un or even a right bastard but ripping down tributes is not helping anybody. People like to piggy back on public outrage.
    Yeah but not in view of the house where he (allegedly) started a fight to the death that he lost against a terrified pensioner.
    gotta say I agree with this, smacks to me of blatant intimidation. And if the police don't do something about it, you'll have the self righteous brigade down there "guarding" the house, and that could easily escalate out of control.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12343
    The self righteous brigade wont be there, more likely a mob of travellers. As I say nothing good can come of removing tributes, it smacks of stirring the pot. Dont get me wrong  I bet the old chap never returns home now and his life is changed forever. I cant muster much sympathy for the dead guy but hate breeds hate.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nothing good can come of putting up the tributes in the 1st place, that will be the catalyst of any escalation. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    The self righteous brigade wont be there, more likely a mob of travellers. As I say nothing good can come of removing tributes, it smacks of stirring the pot. Dont get me wrong  I bet the old chap never returns home now and his life is changed forever. I cant muster much sympathy for the dead guy but hate breeds hate.
    What are you supporting here? Tributes to criminals? "He was someone's child so its only right"? 

If the family of the Liverpool suicide bomber wanted to put up a plaque to him in the stadium, you would support that?

The pain of the Vincent family is understandable. It is their moral outrage about removal of tributes from a private fence that is not.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    No I wouldn’t put a plaque up for a terrorist and I’m not asking for a plaque to be put up for this guy either. What I am suggesting is let the family do what they are doing. Dead guy ain’t gonna come back either way he’s out of the frame. In time the tributes will be gone and the street will look normal. What can easily happen here is more conflict and more violence.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    No I wouldn’t put a plaque up for a terrorist and I’m not asking for a plaque to be put up for this guy either. What I am suggesting is let the family do what they are doing. Dead guy ain’t gonna come back either way he’s out of the frame. In time the tributes will be gone and the street will look normal. What can easily happen here is more conflict and more violence.
    No, in time the tributes will stay there like a running sore in the community.  I understand your good intent but your prognosis is blinkered into "it'll all be alright in the end".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I work with conflict resolution every day, sometimes have to look at the long term aim even if getting there doesn’t feel good or right at the time.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    personally, if it was my son who'd been killed whilst trying to assault with a deadly weapon an elderly man and a disabled woman, the last thing I'd be doing is putting up tributes to the cunt. I'd be looking at myself and wondering where I'd gone wrong.
    vive la difference, apparently. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    VimFuego said:
    personally, if it was my son who'd been killed whilst trying to assault with a deadly weapon an elderly man and a disabled woman, the last thing I'd be doing is putting up tributes to the cunt. I'd be looking at myself and wondering where I'd gone wrong.
    Wisdom. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    VimFuego said:
    Agree.

I'm amazed the police haven't taken action. The homeowner's fence they are using is less than impressed - his property is being damaged. Apparently the family of the deceased have threatened the guy who took the latest lot of tributes down.

How do travellers get away with it?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Chalky said:
    No, in time the tributes will stay there like a running sore in the community.  I understand your good intent but your prognosis is blinkered into "it'll all be alright in the end".
    yeah, you are seeing this a lot now (not saying it will or won't happen in this case, none of us, not even jonny, have crystal balls) but you do see a lot of those "tributes" being renewed, and you even now see yearly ceremonies on the anniversary of the death. So Jonny saying "they will be gone" is a platitude. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I work with conflict resolution every day, sometimes have to look at the long term aim even if getting there doesn’t feel good or right at the time.
    surely the best way to have these tributes is away from the site then. That way no one is intimidated, Bottom line, it's the family of the criminal who are instigating this, the ultimate responsibility for the resolution lies with them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    Chalky said:
    yeah, you are seeing this a lot now (not saying it will or won't happen in this case, none of us, not even jonny, have crystal balls) but you do see a lot of those "tributes" being renewed, and you even now see yearly ceremonies on the anniversary of the death. So Jonny saying "they will be gone" is a platitude. 
    Exactly. I'm sure we all know places where these tributes have remained for years. Such tributes are not a problem normally, but in this case leaving them there is inflammatory.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Approaching the council may help. All my brother in laws tributes got removed by them not long after he was killed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Iamnobody said:
    VimFuego said:
    Wisdom. 
    Double wisdom.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited April 2018
    Fretwired said:

Human bloody Rights and all the leftie doo-gooders jumping up and down in their homebrew knitwear...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    But you're not the kind of person who would bring up a son with that kind of attitude or to do that kind of thing. The burglar's parents probably thought his behaviour and attitude was just fine.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11777
    57Deluxe said:
    Fretwired said:

Human bloody Rights and all the leftie doo-gooders jumping up and down in their homebrew knitwear...
    See I don't think that has a huge impact, they get away with it partly because they are clever and partly because of the way UK policing works.

They are clever in that committing low-level crimes, so not raping or murdering or child snatching but thieving, fighting and dog-napping, only gets a certain level of police response. 

There is no way a single police officer or two officers would risk or be allowed to risk going into a travellers site at night, so they have two choices.  They call in the riot vans, spend thousands and probably not charge anyone, or just let them go.  Then next morning they go down and talk to a few people, but the evidence is gone.

The way UK law enforcement works element is our police are policing "by consent", i.e. they enforce the law on the principle that most people are law abiding and support what they are doing.  This is what makes the UK police much more friendly and less feared than they are in many countries.

The main weakness of policing by consent is that when you are faced with a community with their own society and rules who have utter contempt for our society and rules, they lack the tools and means to deal with it.  They think we hate them, and they hate us, it makes it hard to solve problems.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    They think we hate them, and they hate us, it makes it hard to solve problems.
    Rightly or wrongly this is true. "Gypsies" (or more properly, the "Roma") have always had an unjustifiably hard time in Europe, and I think this may help explain their attitude. A German prince in the 1700s declared that any Gypsy male over 18 was "fair game" and if someone topped him no murder charge would ensue. Face with that kind of hatred it is not surprising that they hate and/or despise us in return.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself