Is this what it says it is? (Peerless content)

FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
Price aside, apparently a 1997 Epiphone Riviera from the Peerless factory? 

I know very little about these but a cursory Google / FB Search is not bringing up any similar looking, Bigsby equipped guitars.

Has it been mucked about with?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/epiphone-riviera-peerless/1294569013
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    On the surface it looks fine to me. I had this exact model a few years ago, with the factory fitted epiphone branded bigsby.

So yes, they were a thing back then. Seem to remember epiphone doing them in some weird and wonderful colours, such as sea foam green.

https://reverb.com/au/item/3627617-rare-1997-epiphone-riviera-tq-vt-turquoise-seafoam-surf-green-mik-bigsby-semi-hollow-body-electric-g
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1334
    edited April 2018
    Looks to be all original to me. I had a sunburst one until a few weeks ago.

The nut was very narrow on mine, only 40mm wide. Thats the main reason i sold it...chubby fingers...but other than that it was a really nice guitar.

Would probably benefit from upgraded electronics as they weren't great back then. Woodwork and finishing is IMO better than the more recent chinese ones and the paint is much thinner and less gloopy. They're also much closer in shape to early Gibsons than anything out of the other Korea factories or China.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I had one of these for a few years and the Epiphone branded bigsby was terrible even after having the nut properly cut.  
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Thank you gents.