Condenser Mic for digital recordings

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited May 2018
    I've got a used SE Electronics Z5600a MkII over here, they are worth the extra dosh IMO if you can up your budget just a little.

http://www.homerecording.be/forum/attachments/f28/5607d1274865399-se5600.jpg
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3246
    barryd said:
    I just wanted to say a big thanks to Digital Kettle who's Rode Mic I purchased recently.  He has been super helpful and everything is in perfect order.  Ive bought myself a Pop Shield and its made a big difference.  I now feel a bit easier about not having to add loads of effects to my voice than when I was recording with a dynamic mic.  I still cant sing of course but there isnt a mic on the planet that can probably do anything about that.   :#

Some of the vocals on bigger tracks could do with fattening out a bit though.  Any tips for that (apart from getting someone else to sing)?  

Recording acoustic guitar on it sounds good as well.  I Found the problem with the ticking noise by the way.  It is the phone line. Everything has to be removed from it, even my ADSL filter otherwise it interferes with any recording although less so on my new Zoom G3 pedal than it did on the now broken G5

Thanks again for all the support, great forum.

Glad to hear it ;)

Yep, it’s great for acoustic guitar.

For ‘fattening’, check out the ‘Produce Like A Pro’ Youtube channel...I’m sure one of the recent ‘top tips’ videos covered some ideas for this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
    For fattening, duplicate the vocal track and delay it by 30ms. Leave one take in the centre and pan the other one out to one side (50% or more). Drop the volume of the panned one so that it's about 5db lower than the main one and then add effects to your taste on both tracks. Quick and fairly easy for simple demos etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom