Belated NAD

GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
in Amps tFB Trader
Well, after selling JMP I was free to finalise the deal on the Lonestar head I had pre agreed on.

I sold my last Lonestar to fund the business and of course I can look back now and say it was worth it. But at the time it was hard. Very hard.

Fast forward over a year and I’m back in the driving seat. This amp is quite simply staggering, I had forgotten how good it was. It’s arrival coincided with the completion of my own Strat too which was the first Strat I have owned since I sold my last one (yip, to fund the business). 

Needless to say I’m over the moon with it. It really is better than I remember. It does that whole distortion vs clarity thing beautifully... in other words, you can ALWAYS hear the single notes no matter which channel you’re on. 

Next step is to get it off to Paul at Zilla for a tolex job and then to get the reverb fixed. 

For now, here’s a standard picture of a Black Mesa boogie :)

https://i.imgur.com/ZCFEvr6.jpg
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    How much did you pay if you don't mind the question? I was impressed with the tones Andy Timmons gets from his. (IIRC)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Happy new Mesa Day!!! That is one fine amp :)
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    How much did you pay if you don't mind the question? I was impressed with the tones Andy Timmons gets from his. (IIRC)
    Andy Timmons is the reason I wanted it in the first place. But it goes beyond his style and then some.

Having said that I’ve been playing nothing but Bryan Adams this last few weeks and it just sounds amazing with the Strat. We’ll ive been playing my own improvised stuff too but the damn thing just nails that driven, dynamic and articulate quality perfectly. Takes a Thorpy Peacekeeper rather nicely too ;)

Allow a grand mate. Apart from wanting a Rift plexi 18 my amp gas has disappeared :)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Well done Scott glad you've found another.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    DrJazzTap said:
    Well done Scott glad you've found another.
    Thanks Dave, it’s a great amp and I’m thrilled that I’ve got it again. Must get the reverb sorted, it’ll make a massive difference.