What peoples views on a fender cd-60s

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Andyc58Andyc58 Frets: 0
    Already noticed that I can get my fingers where they need to be with the new guitar. The Argos one does not have much of a gap between the frets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71862
    Sadly, the Argos guitar is probably complete junk. I work for a small mail-order company which sells some guitars in that sort of price range, and although we inspect them and weed out the total dogs, sending out the ‘good’ ones still frustrates me - they’re just barely playable, and the difference between them and ones costing only a small amount more is huge. But the Chinese factories will make something down to a budget if there is a market for it, and a lot of people simply want the cheapest possible product, even if the chances are it will actually put them off playing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    ICBM said:
    lot of people simply want the cheapest possible product, even if the chances are it will actually put them off playing.
    I think this born out of ignorance more than anything else. The general attitude is, they're only bits of wood, how dfferent can they be.

My 8 year old plays in school, he has a 'budget' guitar but it is set up well.

I often get asked for advice from other parents. Usually they're keen to buy some kind of horrid £30 'guitar' based on the rationale that they might not stick at it. I try persuade them that there is very little chance that they will 'stick at it' learning on what is essentially a toy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom