Pearl Jam Euro dates announced Help

What's Hot

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Wow that was awesome!! I hope there weren't any more encores after watchtower because that's when I left  it felt like they didn't want to leave the stage!! Baby Trump was funny and it was nice to sing happy birthday to Stone too. Great night!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited July 2018
    Wow that was awesome!! I hope there weren't any more encores after watchtower because that's when I left  it felt like they didn't want to leave the stage!! Baby Trump was funny and it was nice to sing happy birthday to Stone too. Great night!!

The band really seemed to enjoy it, and in my humble opinion I can't think of many others off the top of my head as good as them.

Musicianship is top notch, but the effort put in to make each show different to the last, to be able to just play songs on request that they wrote 20 years ago and may not have played since. Excellent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Finally home, long couple of days by totally worth it. I shall now go and sleep for 3 days 
    edited July 2018
    Finally home, long couple of days by totally worth it. I shall now go and sleep for 3 days 

Still not slept yet, I got up at 5:15am yesterday, got back home bang on 5am this morning, in work now, boy got karate then be home about 8, so I'm not going to see bed until about 10 tonight, so worth it though
    I got home, emptied the rucksack and flopped on couch. Still buzzing though. 
    I got home, emptied the rucksack and flopped on couch. Still buzzing though. 

Definaltey worth the effort of a trip to the hell that is London.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4172
    A friend sent me this which I thought was pretty much on the money.

But then I am a massive fanboy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2018
    randella said:
    A friend sent me this which I thought was pretty much on the money.

But then I am a massive fanboy.

Whoever wrote that must have been very close to where I was because the mother and daughter were just in front of me the whole night.

It's hard to argue with that review of the show, I've seen them a lot but that was the best I've ever seen them, they done everything right, they played songs for the old time fans, they played hits and threw in some great covers.

Edit: now I think about it there was a guy just behind me desperately trying to connect to a VPN with his laptop and RSA token fob about half hour before the show started, I'm guessing he has something to do with the article.
    underdog said:

Whoever wrote that must have been very close to where I was because the mother and daughter were just in front of me the whole night.

It's hard to argue with that review of the show, I've seen them a lot but that was the best I've ever seen them, they done everything right, they played songs for the old time fans, they played hits and threw in some great covers.

Edit: now I think about it there was a guy just behind me desperately trying to connect to a VPN with his laptop and RSA token fob about half hour before the show started, I'm guessing he has something to do with the article.
    :) that's funny, 20,000 people and you sit next to this guy!

I had brilliant seats for this one.  Seen them a few times now and wholeheartedly agree with you - this one was the business.  I'm off to see a few more gigs this weekend and I'm thinking they're going to feel a whole *load* of pale in comparison.
    just to add McCready in nothing as it seems was FUCKING AMAZING 
    edited July 2018
    McCready is in my very top, top heroes list just on “number of licks I’ve ripped off from him” alone.

@mikeyrob73 I don’t know if you read the article, but the point it makes about him being criminally underrated is painfully true. Consummate lead playing, NEVER at the expense of the song, tone for days, and he can throw a pick 20 feet into the crowd. 
    If anyone’s missed the general vibe of my posts, l like Pearl Jam.

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    McCready is in my very top, top heroes list just on “number of licks I’ve ripped off from him” alone.

@mikeyrob73 I don’t know if you read the article, but the point it makes about him being criminally underrated is painfully true. Consummate lead playing, NEVER at the expense of the song, tone for days, and he can throw a pick 20 feet into the crowd. 
    Only criminally underrated by those with no taste, sense or ears. i took my eldest Step son with me for his first PJ gig and he was blown away by Mike. 

They are my band, always have been since i first ever heard Alive.
    edited July 2018
    randella said:
    underdog said:

that's funny, 20,000 people and you sit next to this guy!

I had brilliant seats for this one.  Seen them a few times now and wholeheartedly agree with you - this one was the business.  I'm off to see a few more gigs this weekend and I'm thinking they're going to feel a whole *load* of pale in comparison.

That's why this guy stood out, it was in the standing area, just thought it was odd to have brought a laptop the I noticed he was trying to connect to VPN, that and the fact two females in the exact t shirts he mentions that were the right age to be mother and daughter were in front of me, it has to have been him D

Where were you sitting? Last month I was right at the top towards the back, I could see ok but felt very disconnected being so far above everything.
    I was seated, first tier to Stone’s side of the stage. Could see them, and the crowd as they saw them. Aisle seat too, handy for the one single piss-and-beer break I dared to grab :)
    edited July 2018
    randella said:
    I was seated, first tier to Stone’s side of the stage. Could see them, and the crowd as they saw them. Aisle seat too, handy for the one single piss-and-beer break I dared to grab

The first tier seats look pretty good in there, i was saying to misses that if we were more than 20 foot from stage I'd prefer to be seated in first tier, after about 2 hours my legs probably would have taken seats anywhere D

I was standing just to that side of stage, bit of trouble in there with a few dickheads looking for trouble but security slung them out pretty sharp.
    Just a heads up for those that didn't know (me until 2mins ago) sky arts have Pearl Jam Let's play two on demand.
    thread from the deep, just got the bootleg last night from the re-arranged o2 gig. 

its fucking brilliant 
    I'll be having that, great stuff.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    randella said:
    I'll be having that, great stuff.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    well worth the $9.99 
    dont know why more bands dont do this