SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vox AC30/6 TB UK made, no speakers (or one not-very-voxy speaker) SOLD

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8492
edited October 2018 in Amps £
I'm selling my Vox AC30, one of the last UK-made before production moved to China. IIRC, 2003. This is the best sounding of the various AC30s I've had over the years - something about the way it overdrives and compresses really does it for me. It takes pedal overdrives and clean boosts better than any other AC30 I've used, including one of the new Handwired heads. But, I've moved to a modelling rig and I can't afford to keep amps sitting around.

It's far from pristine! The tolex has been replaced at some point, and frankly it's a mediocre job - the pictures represent this quite well. The corner protectors are, I think, not original.

The normal and top boost channels work well, I've recorded and gigged with the amp a lot in the 18 months I've had it. It's been reliable and I've treated it well in that time. The vib/trem channel, however, is a bit weak sounding, I think the preamp valve is microphonic too, and the stepped speed knob doesn't work right. Since I never used that channel, it never affected me. It had a new set of JJ EL84s in March, around the time my band started to fall apart, so they've only got perhaps 20-30 hours on them.

What it doesn't have, are any speakers. I put a single Celestion Alnico Cream in it when I got it, and blanked off the second speaker hole with some MDF. I fell in love with that speaker, so I've put it in the 1x12 combo amp I'm keeping at home. My other speaker is a Mesa MC-90 Black Shadow. It isn't a *bad* pairing by any stretch. That said, I appreciate it's probably not what most AC30 users would choose.

I live in Birmingham, would be happy to drive a fair distance for the cost of diesel to complete the deal so get in touch if you're interested, if you want to make an offer, if you have any other questions about the amp etc.

So, to summarise - great sounding UK-made AC30 that's quite rough round the edges. I'm thinking £350 without speaker, or £400 with. SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments