Now fixed! Ticpods free (bluetooth earbuds) - disappointment

skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
edited October 2018 in Off Topic
After buying my Mrs a pair of Apple Airpods and falling in love with them but finding that they don't stay in my ear, I decided it was time to find a pair of bluetooth earphones/earbuds... tried a few, didn't like any of them, then saw these:

I thought I'd give them a go. Ordered them in like June or something, and waited... and waited... and waited. They arrived today, and of course I tried them out immediately... and hated the sound of them

I tried them again a few minutes ago, to make sure I wasn't just discounting them out of hand based on first impressions, and they sounded a bit better. I have to really force them into my ears as far as I can though, otherwise they're really tinny and thin. I back to backed them with my Soundmagic E10s, and the Soundmagics absolutely blew them out of the water. Louder, fuller, more punchy... 'gutted' is a bit too strong, but I'm really disappointed!

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    edited October 2018
    Ignore me! Misread the post.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    try using different tips - comply are good. That said those ticpods look rubbish, i'd have been more surprised if you were saying they sounded good.
  • Gagaryn said:
    try using different tips - comply are good. That said those ticpods look rubbish, i'd have been more surprised if you were saying they sounded good.
    Well colour me amazed, but I tried them with the tips from my other earbuds & it has totally transformed them, they sound great now!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)