Roland GA-FC: how do they do that, then?

Having acquired a Blues Cube Artist, I'm currently on two minds as to whether to knock up another junction box for my main pedalboard and use the triggers on the loop switch to emulate the independent footswitch links, or to look out for a second-hand/on offer GA-FC official footswitch.

Option A is going to be lowest cost. The loop switch has four TS trigger channels, and the straight footswitch inputs on the amp are TRS, so I can run T1 & T2 to one input (Trem/FX), and T3 & T4 to another (Channel/Dual Tone).  I essentially already do this in a box I made that works with my Lionheart, with T1 & T2 going to a TRS out to control channel/reverb.

But ... if I use the GA-FC then allegedly, with a single stereo jack cable, I can control:

- Channel
 - Dual Tone
 - Clean Boost on/off
 - Crunch Boost on/off
 - Tremolo on/off
 - FX loop on/off

i.e. with one lead, not two, I can do all the same stuff PLUS turn the channel boosts on/off as needed.  Which I'm not sure I care about.

What does intrigue me, though, is how the GA-FC manages to control so much with just a stereo lead, and also how it allegedly can turn the Trem/EFX on/off independently, but all from one single switch on the unit, given that's four possible combinations on that item alone (off/off, on/off, on/on, off/on).

Presumably there's some additional wizardry beyond just a simple signal sent to tip or ring, and that's not easily replicated by a numpty who can only just about solder up a simple junction box?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments