Fuzzface types to try.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    I've got a couple of the fuzzies mentioned above that I could maybe be tempted to part with if the price is right:
    - Analogman Sunface NKT275 white dot standard gain (the original rarest one)
    - Mojo Hand Crosstown 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bwetsbwets Frets: 162
    Not tried it but the Black Moon looks really good. Those controls are a great idea.

It's a bit left-field but from what I've tried my favourite is the Dazatronyx Tsuchi Fuzz. It has a bass cut and I find it really useable through the whole range of fuzz.

A Fuzz Factory is definitely very cool and has loads of sounds in it, including lots of crazy ones!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24371
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't know much about fuzz, except the mantra always seems to be fuzz first, maybe TU-3 should be last? 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    clarkefan said:
    I don't know much about fuzz, except the mantra always seems to be fuzz first, maybe TU-3 should be last? 
    I have run my boards for quite a while like that. Ever since I had a problem with my set up live and I didn’t know where the issue was. This way I can find out if it’s board or amp quite quickly.
  • Definitely fuzz first in the chain after the guitar. This vid is a nice demo of the way buffers affect the sound of a fuzz, plus a few other useful tips

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qte0vvpWb2o
  • fatherchewielewiefatherchewielewie Frets: 46
    edited December 2018
    Skreddy LMD/LMMD for a silicone fuzz/booster hybrid. It's actually a 'stacked circuit' which captures the sound of a silicone FF with Colorsound Power Boost. It nails the FF thing but it does a lot more..... boost, overdrive, distortion. The 'Time' setting from the Suggested Settings sheet is instant early 70s Gilmour. Just throw in a delay and you're there. You can throw it anywhere in the chain too. I love fuzz and I love my LMMD.

Here's what Big Muff and Sword god Kit Rae reckons: http://www.kitrae.net/music/Music_mp3_Lunar_Module_Sound.html

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    I'm a big fan of the OXFuzz one of the few fuzz pedals I've manage to get along with,  had a couple now.  Philip Sayce is a fan too.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Update - The Black Moon has been delivered.

Thanks for the heads up, what a fantastic sounding pedal it is. Really good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom