Can the helix FX do this sound?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• full fat. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    Full fat.

Dont be a semi skimmed guitarist. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the extra mic routings are so wasted on me........but....scribble strips :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Scribble strips are worth the extra, plus the build quality of the full fat one is better if you are investing that much go the extra mile and get the best one
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7292
    edited May 2019
    So what do you guys think of my first helix attempt at this tone? I think pretty close, the repeats are a bit darker but I think due to where Ive positioned the filter relative to the delay..I think I want the filter to come before the delay instead of after 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    So what do you guys think of my first helix attempt at this tone? I think pretty close, the repeats are a bit darker but I think due to where Ive positioned the filter relative to the delay..I think I want the filter to come before the delay instead of after 
    Think that sounds bloody brilliant!  If you could share the patch I'm sure I could use that somewhere :)
    Sure can, thats for helix native but Ill be transferring it across to the hardware unit this weekend
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited May 2019
    John_A said:
    Think that sounds bloody brilliant!  If you could share the patch I'm sure I could use that somewhere
    Helix Native Version

https://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/4436706/
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    John_A said:
    Think that sounds bloody brilliant!  If you could share the patch I'm sure I could use that somewhere
    Helix Native Version

https://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/4436706/
    Thanks for that, I'll grab it and have a tinker :)
    So my observations from rehearsal is that at full volume the tone is too bassy and the bass doesnt get rolled off enough at the far end of the exp pedal sweep. I also think the delays are too "smooth" for want of a better term so prob need to tweak a bit on the delay model i used and the mix/feedback settings.

I find the delays in the helix quite difficult to dial in compared to the other models and compared to my old GT-10 so its perhaps not surprising that I need to iterate on this a bit.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    What are the settings for that sound

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    I want to try in the hxfx

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

It's the growler into the q filter with the exp pedal controlling the frequency of the filter going into 2 delays, one highest mix on quarter notes delay the other lower mix but higher feedback set to dotted eights then an LA company on the end.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    The version on my hardware is also snapshotted to have a clean sound with long delay, my main rhythm tone, a "shit tone" and a pitch shift.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ