Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Thank f**k that’s all over...

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24343
Bloody Christmas bollocks.

Same old shit every year.  WTF is it?  A celebration of the birth of Jesus? A celebration of trees, coloured lights, capitalism, alcohol?  What?  Domestic violence peaks, suicides peak, people get up to their eyes in debt buying stuff that the recipients probably wouldn’t have bought for themselves anyway.

I agree it’s magical for kids, but for grown ups (curmudgeonly, greying old bastards), it’s bollocks.

Bah Humbug. :lol: 

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    It's ace. You get a few days off, you're allowed wine with lunch and there are new toys. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • It's great for asking where you can purchase a turkey on the day too.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I celebrated family. We all had a great meal together, we shared moments of fun and laughter, and we played games and enjoyed each others company. We don't get to do that often so Christmas is an important time of the year for that.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sporky has found the secret to enjoying Christmas in later life...

Channel your inner child... enjoy your new toys... and you're golden.

Now then, young Sporky my lad.... aren't you a bit young to be drinking wine with your lunch?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    I went through a period where I didn't enjoy the Christmas holiday (not Christmas Day itself).  I resented the need to use up part of my annual leave when the weather was bad, there were few hours of daylight and everybody else was off work meaning that shops / places of interest etc were all crowded.

Now that I hold a more senior position I really appreciate the fact that everybody is off, at least in Europe and N America, as I get the chance to relax and forget about work for the best part of two weeks.
    @Sporky has found the secret to enjoying Christmas in later life...

Now then, young Sporky my lad.... aren't you a bit young to be drinking wine with your lunch?

I am forty three and three quarters! I am allowed wine with my lunch as long as I am good. 

This afternoon I will go to the workshop to build my new tiny model AT-AT. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Sporky said:
    @Sporky has found the secret to enjoying Christmas in later life...

I am forty three and three quarters! I am allowed wine with my lunch as long as I am good. 

This afternoon I will go to the workshop to build my new tiny model AT-AT. 
    Best euphemism I’ve heard all day.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Bloody Christmas bollocks.

Same old shit every year.  WTF is it?  A celebration of the birth of Jesus? A celebration of trees, coloured lights, capitalism, alcohol?  What?  Domestic violence peaks, suicides peak, people get up to their eyes in debt buying stuff that the recipients probably wouldn’t have bought for themselves anyway.

I agree it’s magical for kids, but for grown ups (curmudgeonly, greying old bastards), it’s bollocks.

Bah Humbug. :lol: 

It is what you make it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Good fun for the kids. As much as I love what I do im happy to take a few days off, get merry and eat nonsense whenever I want. December went by in a flash because I was so busy with work so the fact that it’s all done and dusted is still a bit of a shock for me.

My kids are happy so therefor I’m happy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Emp_Fab , are you upset because your Fray Bentos Christmas feast did not turn out as (un)planned?  :P .

• This year was a pleasant one for me. I'm just heading back home after spending the Xmas period with my oldest. Tonight I'm looking forward to watching horror and stuffing my face with more food.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Back to work tomorrow.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I celebrated family. We all had a great meal together, we shared moments of fun and laughter, and we played games and enjoyed each others company. We don't get to do that often so Christmas is an important time of the year for that.
    My mother-in-law has a pretty sensible take on Christmas, which is that winter is long and miserable, and we need a cheery festival in the middle of it to give us a break and something to look forward to.

So Christmas should be whatever would cheer you up. Drew’s time with the family fits that pretty well. But if that’s coloured lights, great. If that’s hunting down turkey on the one day all the shops are shut, then hey, whatever floats your boat. Just spoil yourself and have fun, cos god knows it’s a long way til spring.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Sporky said:
    It's ace. You get a few days off, you're allowed wine with lunch and there are new toys. 
    You're allowed lunch with the wine?!?!?!? Now there's a novelty.  ;)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24343
    @Emp_Fab , are you upset because your Fray Bentos Christmas feast did not turn out as (un)planned?  :P .

Not at all.  I swing from The Grinch one year to Elf the next.  This year I'm (obviously) the former.  I hate the weather, I hate the guilt of not seeing relatives I don't want to (and didn't) see and I can't be arsed cooking a monster banquet for just the two of us.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Well, I've just had the statutory holidays off this year and I've quite enjoyed the break.
    But no work means no pay means no GAS budget, so back to work tomorrow.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    edited December 2018
    I too am glad its over. I don't have any children or a wife, and my immediate family have stopped present buying for each other a number of years now. Yesterday we still had dinner together but that was about it. 
    We don't really see extended family at Christmas time.
    Loads of food and alcohol. Until next year then.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    They are all playing Trivial pursuit.....my least favourite pastime....so thought I’d surf TFB instead 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    fandango said:
    Sporky said:
    You're allowed lunch with the wine?!?!?!? Now there's a novelty.  ;)
    Try it - turns out they go together rather well. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    It's what you make of it. You can get sucked into buying junk.  It is lovely spending time with those you love and drinking far too much wine, bourbon and beer. 
    2016,17 and 18 have been shite. We've lost some great people. Current politics are.....not great. So anything that distracts from that is very much welcomed by me. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom