Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Signature Model....

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    Danny1969 said:

I actually had a signature guitar made to my spec by Sims in Kent, 
    Having more time on my hands I made my own. Basically a Telecaster body and neck with forearm and belly contours, high ratio tuners, tapped bridge pickup, short bridge, and five way switching.

A commercial signature version would be a contour bodied Tele, with clear varnish finish, standard  twisted Tele and Broadcaster pickups, and a five way switch that used capacitors and resistors to thin out the bridge pickup in position two. There’d then be an after-market in retro fitting proper Roland approved pickups and switching.

I’m not sure how the commercial version would handle body mounting the pickups. Probably wouldn’t because it would diverge too far from the standard manufacturing process. So that’s a second after-market opportunity: removing the scratch plate and body mounting into metal inserts.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Hardtail Fender Strat in One piece Ash body, with nice grain, Two Tone Burst with Fender Original 50's profile neck all Nitro finish,Rosewood board, Classic split post tuners, 9inch radius, med Jumbo frets
    White 8 hole Scratchplate with BK Sinner at neck and Bridge, Creamery Strat size P90 in the middle three way switch, tone on Bridge and Neck, treble bleed on volume pot, white plastics..........thats me sorted!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    A Tele with a bottle opener on the back and taser on the headstock for repelling drunk punters before they bump my vocal mic into my teeth...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

One of these...Greco KF-190, with an additional shi*load of onboard wierdness.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson 356 but with some mods.  Proper jumbo frets.  Locking tuners.  Optional string through Bigsby.  Upgraded pickups, particularly with a view to getting a clearer, more focussed sound on the bridge.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Mine would be a double neck semi hollow, with a baritone scale and regular scale neck, a Jazzmaster trem, a Bigsby, and P90s :p :confounded: :open_mouth: 
  • Can I have a signature amp instead?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • My first choice would be a hardtail SSS N4-alike, but with the middle pickup replaced with a noise-cancelling coil and Lace Sensors in the bridge and neck positions, and the pickup selector in the more sensible Jaden Rose position. In fact, the only real change from the one I built is that the headstock wouldn't be reversed.
    <space for hire>
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6702
    I'd like a Les Paul with the neck dimensions and compound radius taken from my Classic Player 60s Strat neck, but at a Gibson scale. Phase push pull on one pickup for peter greenisms.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'd have a Fender CS version of the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster in Lake Placid Blue thin nitro with matching headstock, mint green scratchplate, white witch hat knobs, Mojo pickups and roller saddles on the T-O-M bridge - oh and a proper Fender trem with lock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    Can I have a signature amp instead?
    On this occasion I'll allow it.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Mine would be a Fender Telecaster.  7 string.  HSH.  Wired like my Nashville so, Bridge, Bridge+Middle, Bridge+Neck, Middle+Neck, Neck.  Coil split and a phase switch on the Bridge+Neck setting.

Obviously some completely disgusting colour choice ... or chromed ...
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    revsorg said:
    Can I have a signature amp instead?
    On this occasion I'll allow it.

Oi, whose thread is this?

My rules!

OK, just this once you can.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited January 2019
    Jackson guitars.

I'd like a Soloist but with HSH pickups, EMG 85X / SLV / 89XR.
    A black one please.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22903

You know how people who are a bit crap and/or not very famous get their signature guitars made by Squier or Epiphone rather than Fender or Gibson?  Then they say "I wanted it to be affordable for the fans".

Mine would have to be made by whoever makes these.

Related image

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22903

But just supposing a proper guitar company got me mixed up with someone else (Tom Quayle perhaps, similar surname)…

If it was Fender I'd have a Strat, '70s headstock on a big fat '50s maple neck, HSS, rounded heel with one of those sawn-off neckplates, stainless frets.  Hardtail or vintage trem options. 

If it was Gibson I'd have a lightweight LP, not chambered but with a thin body like a Custom Lite or Smartwood.  All other specs pretty much like an R8.

• I'll have a signature diezel VH4 then, modified so that channel 4 is a second independent copy of channel 3 and also with LED clip indicator lights on the main input and all of the loop returns.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Mine would be an ESP Ninja - Michael Amott's old signature model. It's far too pretty a V to be out of production, and I'd have it in a nice quilty top in forest green.
    Tim
  • Looking back over my entry makes me a realise some new pickups and locking tuners for my EC-256 would bring me pretty close to my ideal guitar.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31593
    I'd just ask Gibson to make a replica of my number one. Nobody else would want one though unfortunately.
    :)
    http://i65.tinypic.com/s3liyp.jpg