Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Appalling Cover Version by A list Artists

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Just about everything that Satriani and Vai with their guests play on their G3 gigs especially when Vai comes in!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Paul McCartney manages to bugger the vocal of all his classics now...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've just heard Paul Weller's version of All Along The Watchtower... picked up Studio 150 today, which is his covers album from the early 2000s. It's terrible - it's trying far too hard not to be the Hendrix version while trying to be it at the same time, and it ends up just sounding disjointed. The rest of the album is not too bad though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe said:
    Paul McCartney manages to bugger the vocal of all his classics now...
    I think it’s great he’s still touring, most people his age can barely do their own shopping.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Noel Gallagher trying to be Noddy Holder.
     Come on Feel the Noise.
     Merry Christmas 
     absolutely Awful.

• JAYJO said:
    Noel Gallagher trying to be Noddy Holder.
     Come on Feel the Noise.
     Merry Christmas 
     absolutely Awful.

It was recorded like that for the Royle Family Christmas special

• Thin lizzy doing whiskey in the jar is also a crock of shit.
    O_o

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    edited February 2019
    Do all the versions of Hallelujah (apart from Buckley) deserve a separate thread?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72409
    FX_Munkee said:
    Do all the versions of Hallelujah (including Buckley) deserve a separate thread?
    FTFY

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    ICBM said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    Do all the versions of Hallelujah (including Buckley) deserve a separate thread?
    FTFY
    ooh, controversial....
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    ICBM said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    FTFY
    Would you excuse the John Cale version? I find it much less excruciating than Buckley’s, even though they have so much in common.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72409
    mart said:

Would you excuse the John Cale version? I find it much less excruciating than Buckley’s, even though they have so much in common.
    I'm not sure I've heard it, and it already gets a headstart by being by Cale... but I'd still be amazed if it's as great as the original.

Didn't Buckley copy his interpretation of the lyrics from Cale's version?

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Bruce Willis’ version of Under the Boardwalk
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Just seen this gem.

Metallica vs ‘When Doves Cry’

https://youtu.be/FgQ57Gv7W7k
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Cols said:
    Metallica covering When Doves Cry by Prince.  I honestly can’t tell whether or not they’re massively taking the piss.

https://youtu.be/FgQ57Gv7W7k
    Jesus.

I was genuinely wondering if it was one of those yngwie-style joke overdub videos. That is tragic.

I used to be such a huge fan. There's a case for leaving your audience wanting more. Just retire FFS.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2960
    The travesty that is Bryan Ferry ruining Money Changes Everything. Tch, Johnny what were you thinking.....

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    blobb said:
    The travesty that is Bryan Ferry ruining Money Changes Everything. Tch, Johnny what were you thinking.....

I actually quite like that...
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2960
    I might be presupposing a little, but what you like is this

JM was on a hero worship thing with Bryan and let him put tacky lyrics on it. Sacrilege! Moz wasn't best please either.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    On a more literal note, I'll offer up Bowie and Jagger doing Dancing in the Street
    Certainly comfortably one of the worst videos ever made.

A lot of gay sex backstage on that set...
    works much better without the music

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited February 2019
    blobb said:
    I might be presupposing a little, but what you like is this

JM was on a hero worship thing with Bryan and let him put tacky lyrics on it. Sacrilege! Moz wasn't best please either.
    I knew both versions. I like both. As for Moz, he can talk! "Some girls are bigger than others". Really?!

____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."