Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wireless

What's Hot

Comments

• Smoothhound user here. I've hundreds of hours on it and it's a fantastic piece of kit by a UK company. Takes a couple of AAAs which last at least three gigs, even with the rechargeables that I use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    Smoothhound here too, wonderful bit of kit, no issues whatsoever - it gets gigged every weekend, is used in the week for home use as well -it just works!!
  • with the G10, can the receiver run 2 transmitters?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31620
    with the G10, can the receiver run 2 transmitters?
    I don't think so, but then I can't think of a scenario where you'd need to. The bug is self-muting, there's no noise when you pull it out of one guitar and put it in another. 
  • p90fool said:
    with the G10, can the receiver run 2 transmitters?
    I don't think so, but then I can't think of a scenario where you'd need to. The bug is self-muting, there's no noise when you pull it out of one guitar and put it in another. 
    i was just thinking if 2 of us wanted to jam at my place with just one amp, not conventional i agree, but just wondering if it was doable....
  • with the G10, can the receiver run 2 transmitters?
    Haven't tried it but it may be possible. The only hassle would be swapping between them. Not sure how that would work. I'll see if I can find out. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Smoothhound units can have unlimited transmitters bound to one receiver but only one transmitter can connect to a receiver at a time. The receiver will connect to whichever transmitter responds first so as long as you switch the transmitters off and on when you change guitars, you're golden.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sennheiser for me
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I like the idea of something like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4DSQBR/?coliid=I3IVQZCU852M0S&colid=VKMRM7FDXHE2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it  

Is there something of similar quality and price but where you can use normal batteries so that you don't need to charge them?

I'm trying to cut down on cables and how much space  I use as I don't have a set practice area in my home.  I don't like the units where you have to have a receiver and you still need a cable to go from that to your device.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    On the G10, there’s one thing you have to watch for...

The transmitter is charged through the TRS jack on the unit itself, so if you have a guitar with an active preamp that uses the TRS socket to turn it off and on, it won’t work with the G10.

Real world example? Quite a few electro acoustics, the ghost preamp system, and many active Ibanez guitars and basses
  • I'm a Smoothound fan too.  Very neat bit of kit  :)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'm a Smoothound fan too.  Very neat bit of kit  :)
    Being two AAA batteries it’s very convenient as a gigging tool if you run out of juice as opposed to a transmitter that is recharged.

Having said that, the Boss one I have has less interference and is thus quieter..
  • I have the Xvive U2. It's jolly good. 

• Can you link me to the Smoothound one please?
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 167
    Another happy Smoothhound user here too. My only complaint is that my fuzz pedals don't like the receiver but that will be the case for any other wireless system - so might have to go fuzz shopping soon!
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I have the Xvive U2. It's jolly good. 
    yup me too. no batteries to worry about. lasted fine through a 3 hour rehearsal.
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    MetalMike said:
    Can you link me to the Smoothound one please?
    http://www.smoothhound-innovations.com/

Great piece of kit  :+1: 
    WeZ84 said:
    Another happy Smoothhound user here too. My only complaint is that my fuzz pedals don't like the receiver but that will be the case for any other wireless system - so might have to go fuzz shopping soon!
    Why?
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 167
    p90fool said:
    WeZ84 said:
    Why?
    I have a Fat Fuzz Factory that likes to be the first thing in the chain with no buffers in front of it.
    The wireless receiver acts like a buffer so the fuzz doesn't sound as good with the receiver in front of it as it would connected directly to the guitar with a cable. I think that is likely to be the case with most wireless receivers rather than a complaint about the Smoothhound in particular.

I could try mounting the fuzz on a guitar strap before the transmitter but would rather try getting a fuzz pedal that sounds ok when placed after a buffer so I can put it on the board after the wireless receiver instead. 
    Ah ok, I thought it must be a buffer issue, then realised I've never used any of my fuzz pedals with my wireless.
    I'll try them and report back!