Paypal - Advice sought

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2604
    tFB Trader
    I always pay the fees, that should be the buyers choice not the sellers. sellers requesting PPG are working outside of the framework set by paypal in the first place. As a seller you are asking someone else to take the first commitment and if they want protection then that should be ok.

Just make sure you take photo's and package the item you are selling properly and then insure it when you ship it. take photo's of how you pack it etc etc. if a return is requested ask that it be shipped back in the same way. Frankly though returning second hand gear is just poor show unless it is not as described.. which is again the sellers responsibility.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    Frankly though returning second hand gear is just poor show unless it is not as described.. which is again the sellers responsibility.

That might be true but an increasing number of people seem to think it's acceptable as moving on second hand items becomes more common.

On the other side, I've returned three items purchased secondhand in the past year. Twice because the sellers had manipulated the images so that what arrived looked nothing like the pictures and once because the seller misrepresented the item in the text description (he was especially outraged that I dared to return when it clearly stated 'no returns' and acted like a dick throughout the whole process).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    Dodlemcno said:
    Dodlemcno said:
    Whitecat said:
    It's a bit of a Mexican standoff.
    It totally is! Though more like a Paranoid Standoff which doesn't sound, and isn't, quite so cool.
    And let’s be fair. I was the one who notified you that you wouldn’t be covered by sending it PPG.

Thanks to all who commented above. 
    That wasn't a dig. It takes two!
    Ah Ok, my bad. I was sneakily reading the comments at work yesterday and misread it. 

Anyways update - @Dodlemcno has purchased the pedal which will hopefully be sent to him later on today. If I knew how to do one of those feedback threads I would get him started with one but all this nonsense aside he has been easy to deal with and paid staright away.

@Dodlemcno stick around this place pal, with your sense of humour I think you'll fit right in! 
    How very rock and roll
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1251
    In a situation like this, it's worth looking at some of the Escrow services. I've personally used transpact.com in the past.

Essentially they're a third party (they have to be FCA regulated, so it's not some scam), where the seller/buyer agree a contract (templates are provided), the buyer then sends the money to the third party, the third party tells the seller they have the money, the seller then ships the item, and once the buyer has received the item and acknowledged the terms of the contract have been met, the third party releases the funds to the seller.
    Any issues with the sale, and the third party keeps the funds until a mutual agreement to resolve the issue(s) is made and agreed to by both parties.

Plus in the case of Transpact, it's often cheaper than using paypal.
    I will say there are a couple hoops you need to jump through regarding security checks the first time you receive money though, but nothing too onerous. IIRC it took an extra day to receive my money, as they done an initial few pence transfer into my account first with a security code to verify the money would be going to the correct account. But once that was done, the money was transferred quickly.
  • mgaw said:
    @Dodlemcno thing is though the seller is a stand up member on here with a good track record
    Yeah I've gone with PPG, in part because I believe this comment. So if it doesn't go well I'm not just coming for him and his family, but you and yours  ;-) 

@Dodlemcno stick around this place pal, with your sense of humour I think you'll fit right in! 
    Always up for another place to talk about all the stuff I have, and wish I had!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom