NGaAD - Tele content

What's Hot
BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350

TBH these didn't just arrive today, I've had them for a little while, but I'm a bit of a forum lurker and it takes me a while to build up to posts like these, so........

A few weeks ago I reached the big five-oh.  It was a quiet-ish celebration;  I was struck with the man flu and I'm not a party person anyway.  A few days pass and my partner spots me browsing Teles on ebay.  I've had Teles before and got rid of the last (MIM) with the intention of getting a better one.  That was three or four years ago.

The next weekend partner says why don't we take a trip to guitar village to play with some Teles?  Its a long way, I reply, and I've got no intention of buying a new one.  Why don't we go anyway she says, you can compare a few.  Off we trot.

We came away with this American Professional series in Sonic Grey.  I would never have thought of choosing this colour, but its lovely.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  Really nice guitar too.  We tried a couple of others,  but this one really spoke to me.  Thanks love.  Thanks also to the staff at GV, who were very helpful when asked, but otherwise left us to try the gear.

The Tele got gigged that very evening, and did exactly what was needed.  Big Smiles.

We'd plugged into a Cornell Romany in the shop.  Very nice.  A few days pass and my partner spots me looking at the Romany 12 that @jimmyguitar has advertised on the fretboard.  Why don't you buy it she says.  Because its very expensive I reply.  Its just exchanging money for a high value item though, she says.  So I did.  And its lovely.  Thanks love.  And Jimmy is a very nice man, who can play, and sing, and write.  Check out the couple of tunes on his website if you haven't already.

So birthday over, presents bought.  Just the credit card bill to deal with....... :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u9vxhp0lg1oly8/Tele and Romany.jpg?raw=1

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    They look awesome! Congrats. 
    Ps. Nice bandit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5276
    what a great set up.....always nice to get nice guitars and amps!!  well played that man I say
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Your missus sounds a bit special :) Happy NG&AD!
  • Nice colour tele. The Romany is perfect for it I imagine too.
    What a fine missus you have.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Sounds like a keeper.
    Your wife, that is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Nice Tele and amp. I did some work with Dennis Cornell 20 odd years ago, he’s a great amp designer and a really nice guy. His amplifiers will be future classics.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Awesome!  I love the Sonic Blue - it was a close run thing between that and the Antique Olive that I finally went for, but the Sonic Blue is lovely - changes colour depending on the light too.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Good work that man. That's the same as my home set up, Tele into Romany Plus.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12381
    Lovely colour tele. Good score and happy big 5 0 
  • Great choice's , love both my tele's and my cornell romany plus just really wish I was 50 though!!!!!
  • They look great, congrats! Realy impressed with some of the new Tele offerings I've seen lately.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    Nice pair!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5860
    Nice new gear. That Peavey amp, I'm positive is the exact same model as my mate used to have back in the early 90's. What is the exact model? Peavey Bandit I assume? I can't quite make out the writing on it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9317
    A tele into a tweed style amp is a perfect combination. Congrats and happy birthday
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350

Thanks for the comments, chaps.  I like to think that I play quite a bit more than I GAS, so m'lady does tend to be quite encouraging on the odd occasion that GAS strikes :)

The colour of the Tele is really nice.  As one or two have commented, it kind of changes according to the light.  Is it grey? Is it Blue?  Who cares, its really nice, and it goes well with the rosewood board.  All in all - smashing.

Nice new gear. That Peavey amp, I'm positive is the exact same model as my mate used to have back in the early 90's. What is the exact model? Peavey Bandit I assume? I can't quite make out the writing on it.
    Yes, its a Bandit 112, Made in USA it says.  I am kind of thinking of selling it........