Bad drivers reactions

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Emp_Fab said:
    So, no insights or opinions on why people react that way?  
    Well, rather than the Freudian interpretation... [tumbleweed]... my bitcoin is on what @fob said. 
    She reacted to you without thinking.  A split second of her feeling judged by you, and no one likes feeling judged or criticised. 
    Later she'll either reflect on her driving and consider if it was inconsiderate and dangerous, or confabulate what happened to further justify her response.  
    Brains are not like video cameras.  We have to filter out so much to construct our reality.  When you consider what we leave out it's amazing that we cope at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    Blame someone else more loudly than anyone is blaming you.  Never admit you're at fault and you are always right.  It's a conditioned reaction of liars, cheats, bullshitters, dicks, and assholes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24327
    Ah.  In other words - people.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Emp_Fab said:
    It's a natural instinct to get defensive over your mistakes. Add to that the modern belief that you can be rude, aggressive and unpleasant on social media with no repercussions most of the time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited April 2019
    this is the same mindset as Pub aggression. Thick Thugs do not have the mental agility to navigate a debate and when they feel they are losing it, they lose it....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Then just as i am about to move over some prick on a motorbike pops out and is at the passenger side window.

He was just about to give me some abuse, but then he has seen how startled i was to see him and i shouted where the fuck did you come from, when he realized he was in the wrong he shot off.

If you cannot see my mirrors i cannot see you.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Emp_Fab said:

I'm surprised that you're surprised.
    People are dicks. Especially when they get behind the wheel of a potentially lethal piece of machinery.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    I presume it's basic fight or flight kicking in.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14442
    edited April 2019
    My favourite is upsetting lazy twats at junctions.

When preparing to go right from a T junction, I (entirely rightfully) position my car tight to the markings for the centre of the carriageway and the Give Way lines.

Lazy drivers, denied the opportunity to cut the corner at speed, give me the stare because they were forced to slow down and make the turn properly.

I usually blow them a kiss. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited April 2019
    Emp_Fab said:
    Because they think they are entitled to do whatever they like on the road and the criticism of their superb driving skills implied by hearing the car horn severely injures their pride.  Their ego will not allow the perceived insult to go unacknowledged and so they react with gestures, brake tests or other forms of road rage.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    The other day I was signaling right to turn in to my drive. It's just a normal 2 lane road with traffic coming towards me on the other side so I had to wait.
    As I was doing so a landrover fully mounted the pavement to get around me on the left. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I'd only been signaling 2 seconds.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I can't wait for self driving cars to be compulsory.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12345
    Everybody is irritable these days, maybe they always were but there was a bit of stiff upper lip going on in t’olden days. I don’t know, people revert to childlike behaviours when called out, maybe they were never any good at taking responsibility, something that parents need to instill at an early age. It’s always somebody else’s fault.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Probably something to do with this.

Bye!

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Trude said:
    General availability of self driving cars is a long way off, compulsory self driving cars is an eternity away.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    siremoon said:
    Trude said:
    General availability of self driving cars is a long way off, compulsory self driving cars is an eternity away.
    Yeah, but still - I think it’d be a great way to deal with repeat offenders in the future. Instead of a 1 year ban, reduce their license to “self-driving only” and make them suck up the humiliation as well as having to experience what it’s like to adhere 100% to the Highway Code.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited April 2019
    Emp_Fab said:
    Ignorance. They dont know to give way to traffic on their right and think you should let them go.  The stand off you get at a roundabout and no one blinks annoys me. Even if they have right of way they sit there and so even though its not your go, you must or you will be there till duck apple. I love it when the driver at the lights doesn't see the filter arrow and gets beeped, They then bolt down the road as fast as they can to prove they're not holding up the traffic lol..
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14442
    Everybody is irritable these days
    There are too many cars - and, hence, drivers - on UK roads.

MUSIC: Dvorak New World Symphony.
    VOICEOVER: Yorkshire accent.

When I were a nipper, the kids from my street would play football in t'road. We'd use us coats for goalposts. Ee, it were grand. Afterwards, Mam would call us in for doorsteps of Hovis wi' real buttah. 

Nowadays, every available bit of kerb in residential streets is littered with parked cars. We are all getting in each other's way. The government of our small island does not have the courage to regulate car ownership in the way that Japan had to do. 

There is much talk of getting the populace back onto public transport but few of us are willing to be the first to give up our cars. The result is stalemate. (To say nothing of stale air.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Ahem, buttah is most definitely not a Yorkshire word!!!
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    If everyone just used Uber then there would be less traffic.